Swaybar bushings

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
MapaX5
antispam: No

Swaybar bushings

Post by MapaX5 »

Ok, so i know i researched this, and unless i'm really blind (already wear glasses) i didn't see it.
I know, i read it somewhere in here, that Energy Suspension makes a swaybar bushing that, although is made for the 323, can be used on our cars so long as we get the C-clamp for the 323.
So, my questions:
*What is the part number for the bushings? i went to Advance Auto AND Autozone and neither listed anything for 323s or MX-3s. but they said if i can get the part numbers, they can special order it.
*The C-clamp, if i'm not mistaken, should bolt right up?
*is this for the F/R of the car, or just one or the other?
Thanks.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
MapaX5

Re: Swaybar bushings

Post by MapaX5 »

does anyone know anything about this? or know of any performance poly bushings that can be used on our cars? i'm tired of so much body roll!
thanks!
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Wytbishop just did a poly bushings group buy... but if you are talking about the rear sway bar specifically, you should get a Whiteline rear sway bar (comes with new bushings too).
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Sorry, I have not done sway bar bushings.

I have the dimensions and stuff somewhere. I can tell you what the best fitting universal ES bushings will be. Let me work on it and get back to you.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

thanks! that would be great. car's an rs. i know that makes a difference.
front and rear.
and do you know anything about the end-links?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I know a thing or two.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

lol, not quite what i meant. :lol:
like for the miatas, they sell end-link bushings that you have to like press in and what not. i don't know if there's anything available for the mx-3s, and have you found the part numbers for the sway bar bushings?
i'm replacing my shocks in the morning (it's like 2am right now) so hopefully that'll get rid of some body roll.
KYB GR-2s all around, on stock springs. just fyi. lol.
Oh, and thanks so much for the info! :D
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

There are 2 problems with the ES sway bar bushings. One is that their bracket has to mounting holes and our stock bracket has one tab and one mounting hole. So you can’t just bolt the bracket to the crossmember in the stock location. The second is that their small bushing is way bigger than our stock bushing. So there’s really no way to use our stock bracket to attach the ES bushing of the appropriate ID.

9.5127 is the ES part number for the non greaseable bushing with 23mm ID. This is the closest one but you’ll have to find a way to mount it as it will not just bolt on.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

23mm, is that for the front or rear?
Also, did you find anything about the end-links? I'll take a pic n post wat I need?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

23mm is the front. The rear is 20mm but has the same mounting problems.

Search my posts for "end links" and you will find the for sale thread of the ones I made and sold on the forum. If that's what you're looking for I can tell you what you'll need.
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”