Tagging Threads

This forum is for your (the user and visitors of MX-3.com) opinion, recommendations and issues about MX-3.com.
wytbishop

Tagging Threads

Post by wytbishop »

I’m not a programmer so I have no real idea if this is a feasible plan from an implementation perspective, but on other forums there is a feature which allows the topic starter to tag the thread.

Now clearly we have a problem with our search function being extremely difficult to use due to overwhelming volumes of extraneous information in the threads. If each thread was tagged with the most appropriate key words would we be able to make the search function work better?

I would propose assigning a handful of established members, assuming they were interested in volunteering their time, to have the necessary privileges to edit the top post on each thread in a particular forum at where they have expertise and add these key word tags. Perhaps there’s a way to prioritize threads which are particularly informative?

Is there a way that we as a group could do something manually like this to give the search function some power again?

I’m putting it out there for comments and ideas.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: Tagging Threads

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Good suggestion! I'm all for it.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Ukrman

Re: Tagging Threads

Post by Ukrman »

awesome idea, but gonna be tough to do
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

Return to “MX-3.com Site and Forum Recommendations and Issues”