upgades???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
sleeper17
antispam: No

Re: upgades???

Post by sleeper17 »

wow thanx a lot guys that helps a lot :D . ill still be looking around the site for information. and ill throw out some misc questions here and there.
MX3 96

Post by MX3 96 »

onlytrueromeo wrote:KLZE is a direct swap, but that does not mean it is simply take engine out, put engine in. There are a number of things you will need to check/upgrade in the process, so that you do not have to spend MORE time and energy in the future.

KLZE is ~$800. If this is too high, get a KLDE (probe/mx6 motor) from a junkyard.

You will NEED a new clutch. Alot of opinions on this, I suggest NOT going for a pucked clutch, and not buying an ebay special. Get it sized for a probe/mx6. ~$300

Stainless steel clutch line $50

Front/back poly engine mounts to reduce engine movement $160

New waterpump/timing belt, pulleys and tensioner $200

Spark plugs, wires $90

Curve neck manifold if you buy a straight neck motor ($150...but then you can sell your straight neck for roughly the same price, so this is 0)

Misc. $200

So budget 1800-2000 for yourself to do it right, and it will be a much better upgrade than going to a turbo. Keep in mind if you source stuff from a junkyard or wait for sales you can cut this price down alot. These prices are all if you do the work yourself. I would not suggest skimping on anything in this list, except maybe spark plugs. You will regret it if you do.

KLZE's have more HP and a flatter torque curve than the KLDE's.
OK SO I need to find me this motor
MX3 96

Post by MX3 96 »

So any one know where one is at???? :welder:
vansolrick

Post by vansolrick »

You can check google for JDM engine sellers. JDM Engine Depot is one. There are many ways to get a ZE. Look for someone who is parting out a Probe or MX6/3 who has a ZE.

Remember you can always get a KLDE from a Probe GT or MX-6 as well and it will give you more than what you can get by adding to your standard K8.
Stonefly

Post by Stonefly »

Did you pick up that two-tone, green and flat black, mx that was sittin in couer d alene? i nearly picked her up myself... if you want a kl-ze, the guys at foreign engines in CDA can get you hooked up... I'm workin with them right now to get mine, tryin to work it out for 750, make sure you look up how to identify a KL-ze before you pick one up though... gotta make sure you dont get stuck with the newer millenia motor
Mx-3 Project: After-Midnight
sleeper17

Post by sleeper17 »

Coeurd'Alene? damn thats close. i live in sandpoint. thats crazy.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”