Clutch Loses pressure and i have no leaks HELP!!

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
Bigpun4fubu
antispam: No

Clutch Loses pressure and i have no leaks HELP!!

Post by Bigpun4fubu »

Ok first off, i rebuilt the clutch master cylinder after i lost clutch pressure the 1st time , the kit came with a copper/brass like washer and a spring and a seal (looks like a little cup and a piston, I have no clue what the washer is for , its way too big for the line , so i left it out. i rebuilt it and it worked great for 2 weeks and then lost pressure again, this time it was worse, i checked all points for leaks and nothing. so today i rebuilt the slave cylinder, and then got it working again, and when i drove about 4 mile it lost pressure again, why is this happeneing? it hasnt leaked 1 drop of fluid since i rebuilt the master cylinder, and yes i did bleed the system both times i worked on it. any help would be totally appreciated
1994 Mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6L DOHC Spectre High Flow Air Filter Bosch Platinum +2 Plugs, NGK R Wires, 17" ICW Racing Wheels with 215/45/17 Yokohama Tires Teardrop Exhaust
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Clutch Loses pressure and i have no leaks HELP!!

Post by Ryan »

are you losing fluid guaging from the resevoir? I must ask, as you only said you didn't have any leaks (assuming you can see them). Its possible either of the cyinders are allowing blow-by. Try just getting some scrap yard units, these components aren't a terribly difficult pull anyway. Maybe find a yard with a return policy too.

Also, its common for the master to leak through the back, into the car. Check where the plunger goes form the firewall from the pedal itself.

How does the clutch feel? Does it disengage, and then slowly re-engage as you hold the pedal down, or is it just loose and sloppy and does nothing?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Bigpun4fubu

Post by Bigpun4fubu »

ok ive checked all of that for leaks and none, i will press clutch sometimes and it wont pop back up but it only does it randomly it has re engeged while being pushed to the floor
1994 Mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6L DOHC Spectre High Flow Air Filter Bosch Platinum +2 Plugs, NGK R Wires, 17" ICW Racing Wheels with 215/45/17 Yokohama Tires Teardrop Exhaust
Bigpun4fubu

Post by Bigpun4fubu »

Ive replaced the master cylinder, in just having rtrrouble getting it to bleed properly, any suggestions?
Bigpun4fubu

Post by Bigpun4fubu »

I just realized i put cooking oil in it instead of brake fluid, will that need to be drained out?
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Joke or no?

Seriously, I've heard of people doing worse things... like the NOS energy drink guy, and the guy who moulded his hood to his bumper.... and there are others...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
bpt323

Post by bpt323 »

you should consider flushing your entire system out. also be sure to resnug up all of the connections for the clutch line.

a pressure bleeding system should help out drastically. @ least the kind that refill the master & push the old fluid out @ the same time.

Return to “Transmissions”