Offset question - Looking for REAL insight

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
solo_ryder

Offset question - Looking for REAL insight

Post by solo_ryder »

Ok, getting into uncharted territory here for myself and probably most of the board. Found a set of rims.. won't say what they are yet but I need to know if they will fit..

16x8 - Pretty sure that wont be a issue
+10 offset....

Now that is where I am stumped.. How much will I need to roll my fenders if at all? Or will they even fit, or clear the strut?

I plan on running a tire that will have a very mild stretch if possible, probably a 205 45

Keep in mind that I am able to adjust my ride height easily as I am running ground controls, also keep in mind that I have camber bolts on all four corners and can adjust that as needed, i am not worried about camber wear. However, not having camber plates wont allow me to do much at all because of the fact the rim or tire will make contact with the strut.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Matt? Andy? John?

Please don't post if you have no real idea if it will work, I am going to try something new here so I want some real comments and not negative stuff about stretch or this and that. Just need a answer or some insight
yence

Re: Offset question - Looking for REAL insight

Post by yence »

that sounds like the rota grid drift ;) a 205 tire, fender rolling and some negative camber should make it fit flush. Should look awesome!

btw. ET 30 and 8J width will clear the strut, so ET10 is no problem at all.
1995 noble green MX-3 RS (sold)
1994 clear white MX-3 GS (r.i.p.)
1987 white RX-7 FC
1993 mighty grey MX-3 GS
solo_ryder

Re: Offset question - Looking for REAL insight

Post by solo_ryder »

Haha yence.. You know too much. They are Rota grid offroad

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”