Miata owner thinking about using MX-3 rims

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
shinkansen
antispam: No

Miata owner thinking about using MX-3 rims

Post by shinkansen »

Hey, I'm a Miata owner visiting from over at Miata.net. I have the stock 14x7" daisy rims on my '91 and thinking about a set of MX-3 rims I saw for sale cheap. This style:

I don't know anything about them, other than they're the size I want and won't look half-bad on a Miata. I think my daisies are around 13lbs. How much do these weigh? They're fitted with 225/50R/15s, so I'm guessing they're about 15x8? Any thoughts on this? I'm guessing that you MX-3 guys have unsprung weight sensitivity just like the Miata.
MapaX5

Re: Miata owner thinking about using MX-3 rims

Post by MapaX5 »

no, they're Enkei 15x6, you can even read it in the pic. "15x6jj", look closely at the 11:30 position. i think they go for like 14-15lbs, if i'm not mistaken.
now, our daisy wheels are only 10lbs! the 14" off the '94s are 12lbs and the 15" outta the NBs are like 13.5lbs.
Oh, and EVERY car is sensitive to extra weigh. most specifically, rotational weigh. the heavier the wheel, the harder it is for the car to stop/accel.
and the wheel you're posting looks like the ones off an NB, except the holes are a lil smaller.
have you seen the miata wheel specs on miata.net?
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

and who told you "daisy" wheels were 14x7??? dude, those are 14x5.5"!!! lol. that's why most peeps upgrade to the 14x6 off the '94s
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Those are the OEM Special Edition Wheels.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”