Kent WA - Short lifed junk mx3

For MX-3 owners on the west coast and surrounding areas
Demonic1

Kent WA - Short lifed junk mx3

Post by Demonic1 »

First, I'm not buying or selling anything. Just trying to get the word out before another mx3 bites the dust.

Tuesday the 18th I was in Covington buying gas and spotted a blue?(colorblind) mx3 on a flatbed. I stopped and talked with the driver and he said that they were going to scrap it in 2 weeks or so. Upon further questioning he said it was headed to "Binford Auto Wrecking" in Kent. I didn't get any real time to look it over, but the drivers side body was in good shape. The passenger side was dented and smashed to hell. The front lip and rear spoiler looked in good condition. Based on the seats it has the black interior.

I'm going down there tomorrow to look at the parts I can get off it. If anyone makes it there before me I have dibs on the window switch.
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Kent WA - Short lifed junk mx3

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks for the heads up. I need a rear upper seat in perfect shape :)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

Would you like me to pick it up if I see one?
"perfect" and the black interior colors?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah. If it's a good price, and I can afford shipping, I'd like it.. If you would just ask them what they want for it, and let me know, I'd appreciate it alot! And, yes, I want the '93, and older style black with muticolor inside part :)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

I pulled in there today and they sent me to the back wall where the imports were. I spent an hour hunting the bodies and looking for the corpse of the mx3 I saw. I went back up front to ask about the location and the guy checked the computer and stated that it must have been crushed for lack of request.

So the baby has been totalled...
*cries*

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That SUCKS! I'm going to start calling all the junkyards, drumming up interest in keeping them when they come in.
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

Well, currently I only know of one junk yard that has an mx3 (2 actually) which is really close to me. But the problem is that the guy is a complete jackass and usually overcharges.
Last I'd talked to them they had a red 4cyl and a blue v6. I think he said one w/ tan interior and one black. They won't let me back into the yard to check out the parts, and they take forever to see if they still have the part. But it is currently my best option.
http://www.blackdiamondauto.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last month I went in there to pick up the pass. power door actuator from him and without looking at his computer, without even blinking quoted me $30 for the part. I went and bought 2 for 11.95 on ebay.

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

There is Covey's in Marysville ... They do just 95% mazdas, usually have at least 5 mx3's . Be warned your wallet will despise you afterwards though. I think they know they're the only mazda place so they want big bucks for stuff. Wanted $75 for a shift linkage last I called them :shock:
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Yeah Covey's will ding you for the small stuff for certain. Pull-a-Part junkyards seem to get MX-3's every so often. There are 3 of them. Tacoma (the biggest one) Lynnwood (the smallest one) and Arlington (the nicest junkyard I have ever seen.. they even have the rows PAVED!!!) The one in Arlington has a teal 92-93 RS in it. I hit it for a couple of parts a couple of weeks again. Then engine bay was completely in tact. High mileage on the car.. but it was straight and seemed all original.. its now missing some interior panels and the RS spoiler that was on it ;) But PAP usually holds their cars for at least a month before crushing them.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “West Coast MX-3 Owners”