Turbo block off plate?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
progt91
antispam: No

Re: Turbo block off plate?

Post by progt91 »

marcdh wrote::lol: I feel bad now, I photoshopped it!

thats pretty funny, he got all excited for nothing haha.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

it looks doable tho :D i saved the pic so i can take it to a shop :D hehe
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

hector, why dont you just unbolt the CHRA from the exhaust side and fab up a small plate that would use the old hardware and block off where the CHRA used to go into the exhaust housing.

Chra= center housing rotating assembly
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

i used the plate from a fireplace flue and drilled holes in the sheet metal to match the tubine housing. routed the oil supply directly into the drain tube and left the intake pulling through the intercooler. i had to come up with something quick when my turbo died.
i was running 7psi at just over 100mph and somehow the compressor nut came off and was eaten. really messed he turbo up but nothing made it into the engine.
i havent driven that car for well over a year now. its in storage 2000 miles away. i miss driving it all the time.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

nos92mx3 wrote:hector, why dont you just unbolt the CHRA from the exhaust side and fab up a small plate that would use the old hardware and block off where the CHRA used to go into the exhaust housing.

Chra= center housing rotating assembly

Yeah my friend managed to make one but at the time I didnt need it anymore since I got a replacement turbo that works very well now. His turbo went and he needed a car for work and ended up using it. It worked nice, of course the car los alot of torque but at least he was able to drive to work. He decided not to mass produce as it was tedious to make and not enough interest out there.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

How about you stay N/A since you are scared of turbos :lol:
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

mx-3_4evr wrote:How about you stay N/A since you are scared of turbos :lol:

Are you saying me? a guy who uses ebay turbos is scared of turbos?

HAHAHAHAH

yer funny :)
-hec

Return to “Forced Induction”