Evo_Spec's 1994 BP-T RS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
93vtecklr

Re: Evo_Spec's 1994 RS

Post by 93vtecklr »

You're just mad cuz you ruined his thread. I bet you prowl his posts looking for anything to report. Get back to your studies. Evo, there's a car on kijiji right now somewhere in alberta that has a raised spoiler. I bet if you take the car for a quick test drive, and throw a gs spoiler on it they'd never know, and you got a new rare oe spoiler.... I'm playin! I was thinkin bout contacting him and saying i'd trade him a "NEWER" oem spoiler for that raised "UGLY MONSTROCITY RICEY THINGY" Ew you don't want that, you'll never sell your car.... :wink:
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

solo_ryder wrote:-1 for superk ban. You ruined the thread, not superk. It was a joke, relax.

Edit - evo, ur gonna have no bumper soon if u keep hacking haha. Anyways, good budget build so far

HAHAHAHAH

-1 this -1 that

THAT MEANS SO MUCH r r r r r
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I'm being racist? I'm not being racist! What's wrong with liking ramen noodles and cats? All asians like ramen noodles and cats!

That, sir, is being short sighted and naive, not being racist!
I mean, Japanese and Koreans love cats, and even have cat game shows
indonesians and taiwanese like cats... for culinary reasons!
and ramen noodles? Oh come on, it's like, freakin' going to Olive Garden and expecting them NOT to have pasta and wine? DING DONG! NOT going to happen!
It's like, asking cheech and chong whether they like "Happy Herbs Nice Dreams" Ice cream! They're just NOT going to say no!
It's like the opposite of asking the joker whether he can understand a word batman says.
Because erm... it for my demonstrative purposes, I have to reword it so the answer can say "YES!" or "Not going to be no!"

that's why I have to add in the "it's like the opposite"
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

This happened quite a while ago but i just never got around to posting it (uploaded them October 4 to give you and idea how long i've been driving like this for)

After some TLC (i've been driving with the strap holding my hood down for whole time)

Actually i left for Japan november 15th so it's just been sitting on my drive way actually, but i still drove A LOT with it like this
Not too sure what i'm going to do with it as i might be switching to a GS, but i think i'm going to keep it, but as a parts car or something, this is my first baby and i don't want to let it go, maybe a BP engine swap....i dunno...
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Sounds like its time for a GS :)
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

hey, you and I have a similar story... lots of cheap DIY mods ending in a muddy front bumper and bent hood, among other things.

I at least got my lowering springs on before I wrecked mine! hahaa...

She doesn't look so hard to fix. A headlight, a hood, a bumper, some bracketry....

Keep going! Don't listen to solo, K series are a pain to work on! B stands for Breeze, K stands for Kill yourself!
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Ryan wrote:hey, you and I have a similar story... lots of cheap DIY mods ending in a muddy front bumper and bent hood, among other things.

I at least got my lowering springs on before I wrecked mine! hahaa...

She doesn't look so hard to fix. A headlight, a hood, a bumper, some bracketry....

Keep going! Don't listen to solo, K series are a pain to work on! B stands for Breeze, K stands for Kill yourself!
Actually all it needs is a new bumper, hood, and a rad support, very minor stuff.
It's actually sitting in better condition as i switch out the one headlight with a glass one (couldn't switch the other because it broke in shipping) with some work because everything was bent a little, when i get back to canada i'll probably attempt ACTUALLY fix it.
The only thing is some rust i'm worried about but even that's not too bad.

I wouldn't mind going to a BP but how would that compare to a ZE? would the weight difference bring them close?
I'm just sick of always being behind or trying so hard to keep up with everyone else, then again, i've only been running the B6DE
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

A BP is roughly equivalent to a strong K8.

Untill you throw a turbo on it, it won't compare to KL's.

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Ryan wrote:A BP is roughly equivalent to a strong K8.

Untill you throw a turbo on it, it won't compare to KL's.
That is not a good comparison at all lol. Yes, a BP is equal to a strong K8, so what? Then it is as good as a STOCK GS? Throw a turbo on a KL? Then what do you get? A BPT's power rating is rated below a ZE so yea.. KL is not that hard to work on, if you do the recommended maintenance before you put the motor in you will be fine, I am sorry you have had a few bad experiences with the K series.

Anyways, your car, do what you like. It doesnt look to hard to fix
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

well, i'm thinking about putting a BP in that MI|<E is building up that he overbored, so maybe that'll bring me closer to a stronger K8?
well anyways, i still have some serious thinking to do about everything, but i'll update with whatever progess/change that i do
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

B6<B6D<K8<BP<KFDE<KFZE<KLDE<KLZE

Until turbo goes in the mix, but then its much more grey. 5 PSI? 20PSI?

I'm not bashing the K motors, I'm just saying I like the B's better....

And you're right, bottom line, its Evo's car.

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Evo_Spec wrote:well, i'm thinking about putting a BP in that MI|<E is building up that he overbored, so maybe that'll bring me closer to a stronger K8?
well anyways, i still have some serious thinking to do about everything, but i'll update with whatever progess/change that i do
Built with forged high compression pistons. Should be quick and very, very strong.
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

Post by SteeleMX3 »

might as well throw a turbo in while your swapping :D
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

SteeleMX3 wrote:might as well throw a turbo in while your swapping :D
RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:Built with forged high compression pistons.
high compression = no turbo
i'm more of an N/A fan anyways (or at least that's what i'm telling myself cause i'm lazy :shrug: )
maybe i'll buy another car some day for turboing or buy a turbo'd car to play with as i would like to learn that world
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

A NA B6 is what I call... "cute"
and this is coming from someone who has a NA B6. I got the reworked headers and exhaust with the stage 2 miata cams n lemme tell ya... when you push on the gas it's deceivably... slow. FEELS like you're going somewhere, then you realize, "oh man, I've not even got past 75 yet!"

In order to have the B6 anywhere close to brag-able... at least brag able in the mx3 world, cuzz it would be no where else... you'd have to do something like the *cough*neon*cough* owners do... major ranger danger head work.Try to put in the biggerest, largerest, hugerest valves you can fit.
You'll have a "cute" B6 in the end. Faster than anyone else's NA B6... but still slow.

I think one way to really have a sporty feel in a B6 would be to shorten 'dem gear ratios. Them tings are far!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”