[WTB] Driver's side window switch (even if broken)

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
Dark_Rider2k3

[WTB] Driver's side window switch (even if broken)

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

So I was fooling around with my power windows to figure out why my driver's window would not roll up fast (but would roll down fast) and here I find these problems:

1. The metal tab that sits with the ball, plastic, and spring is not making a good contact. I tried cleaning it and it helped some, but not enough.

2. The actual switch has a crack on the plastic "arm" causing it to not fully press the "up" button all the way back.

So if you have those parts please let me know (or if you don't feel like taking it apart, if you have a power window switch for the driver's side). I hope I made things clear.

Thanks a ton!

-Jon
ruthless_mx3

Re: [WTB] Driver's side window switch (even if broken)

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

yeah happened to me too. I hot glued it for extra support and it works great now.

I would like another one though too. also, working or not
93 MX3 GS SE KLZE -- RIP May 1, 2011
14.007 @ 98.46 1.991 60ft -- the only time she made it to the 1/4 :(

92 MX3 GS aka Goldmember - I'm trying to keep the legend going and as always credit to Andy for starting the legend ;)
sc61 currently @ 8 psi, wiseco 10:1 pistons, K1 rods, ported ze heads w/ kl31 cams
newbieMX3
antispam: No

Post by newbieMX3 »

if i knew you guys needed these i would of picked up the one in my local junk yard, it was just missing the top button parts to it....
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

ruthless_mx3 wrote:yeah happened to me too. I hot glued it for extra support and it works great now.

I would like another one though too. also, working or not
Sounds like a good idea... I may have to try that.
bertz

Post by bertz »

I have an extra one only the drivers side works on it so you would have to reach over to roll down the passenger side or if the price is right i have another one thats in perfect condition but does not have the auto roll down.
-1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS 5 Speed - bought on October 31st 2008 - Engine specs: 1.8 Litter 24 Valve DOHC V6- http://www.Myspace.com/tyler.roberts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://www.facebook.com/tbertz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

bertz wrote:I have an extra one only the drivers side works on it so you would have to reach over to roll down the passenger side or if the price is right i have another one thats in perfect condition but does not have the auto roll down.
I don't need the auto roll down. Not a big deal to me.
bertz

Post by bertz »

kk send me a offer through pm...
-1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS 5 Speed - bought on October 31st 2008 - Engine specs: 1.8 Litter 24 Valve DOHC V6- http://www.Myspace.com/tyler.roberts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://www.facebook.com/tbertz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”