What Should I BUY: 93 MX-3 or 92 Integra 2 DR?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
dinu01

What Should I BUY: 93 MX-3 or 92 Integra 2 DR?

Post by dinu01 »

Hi everyone!<P>I currently drive a 2001 PRO ES 2.0 and while I love this car, we need a 2nd car. I want to get either a 93 MX-3 Precidia or a 92 Integra 2 DR. What do you guys recommend? I heard there might be trouble with the V6 on the MX-3 and that the 4 cyl is more reliable. Here's a quote from canadiandriver.com: "The four is the better engine choice for fuel economy and reliability. The V6 is prone to valve gear problems". I'm leaning towards the MX-3 since Integras available here in Toronto are not in great shape. I won't be doing any mods, so that's not an issue. I want to spend max $5900 Canadian before taxes. What do you recommend?<P>And if you can, let me know where I should look for one besides autotrader.ca and the Star.<P>Thanx,<BR>Dinu :eek:<p>[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: Dinu ]
axess

Re: What Should I BUY: 93 MX-3 or 92 Integra 2 DR?

Post by axess »

For 5900$ I think you could get yourself a great MX-3. If performance is not really an issue, the 4cyl is fine. The best thing would be to try them out, see wich one you like best. Sorry I can't help much about the Integras...<P>Good luck!
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS
dinu01

Post by dinu01 »

Stephane: Est-ce qu'il y a qqc de particulier que je devrais faire attention a en ce qui concerne la MX-3? Des problemes de la voiture, etc?<P>Merci!
justin h

Post by justin h »

I think it comes down to personal taste. The mx-3 is more bubbly and smooth and the integra is more angular. Personally, I like the way the mx-3 looks. More than likely the integra will be faster, but the mx-3 will look better and more up-to-date, as far as style goes.
Q187

Post by Q187 »

My mom has a 92 Integra, I have a 92 GS. I like my car much better. It looks better, it handles tighter, the interior is better.
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

what the hell does that post mean? is it french?<BR>hey man, u can find yourself a decent mx-3 for that money, u can also find an integra, but from what i know, integras around here have tons of miles for that year,<BR>it's very hard to find a good one<BR>good luck with the purchase
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
Manach

Post by Manach »

Dinu, when you look for car, verify what you need to REPAIR. Bought my car for 5500 last year, had to put 500$ in repair. But the body is mint! No rust.. :)<P>93 and down, you should be "able" to get something around 4000$ if you know how to bargain. Else, tell the seller to make the repair BEFORE you buy :)<P>Well, about integra, I don't know.. I love wayyy to much my Mx-3 to go honda :| Maybe one day.. who knows!?
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
jfbourgault

Post by jfbourgault »

les freins , la suspension, la compression des cylindres,le cam friction gear est pas vraiment un problème, c'Est juste agaçant pour les oreilles.<P>sorry guys for the french reply, but he speaks french and so do I. :¬)
92 mx-3 GS .greeeeeeeen!<BR>Honda !!!, what do you mean Honda??<BR>Oh sorry, you meant that piece of crap parked next to my car! oh sorry again, I meant to say lawnmower....
Manach

Post by Manach »

Huhhhhh... Integra, is it honda or Acura? :P Now I'm all mix up, reread my post.. And duh..<P>Integra, c'est Honda ou Integra? Je me mélange tout le temps quand le nom n'est pas de Mazda :)<P>Speak french or english, at least, speak! :)
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I had a '90 Integra GS and I loved it, but I definitely love my '94 MX-3 GS better. By the way, an Integra isn't faster either. They're both great cars though, either way you can't go wrong.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
pcperez83

Post by pcperez83 »

Actually a Mazda MX-3 RS (4 cylinder) is slower then an integra. But if you're not worried about speed and mods i agree that the precidia is the better buy.
axess

Post by axess »

Integra is Honda and Acura... Acura is high end cars from Honda as Lexus are from Toyota, as Ford is Lincoln (I think)... You get the idea....<P>I'm at my first MX3 and it's a 96 with low milleage, I bought it from the dealer so all the repairs where already done. The only trouble I had was with the alternator, but I don't think this is common at all.<P>An other suggestion, look around where you live, if there are alot of Integras (99% chance..) then go with Precidia, other than the fact that it goes with taste I know that I like it when I don't have the same car as everyone else. Altought there seems to be a hell lot of MX3 where I live (Gatineau-Ottawa).
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS
yutik

Post by yutik »

in 96, i was either going to buy a new 96 integra or a 96 MX-3 V6. I bought the integra over cuz it was a little cheaper. The new MX3GS with AC added was a bit more. i total the integra 2 years ago and got a used 94 MX-3 GS. hehe... because with that price, i love the full power options. True, the GS has better cornering and YES, much easier to drive. I love both car. But, if you drive your car hard, integra is a much better choice and yes, integra is a faster car. "STOCK ones" i am 100% sure since i drove both cars for years. Both car with no mods. I do think the integra is a more reliable car over all and cheaper to fix. i don't know. but with the price, if you pick up a good mx-3. i think it's great. i will not get a v4 mx-3 cuz i think it is kinda under power.
Have fun "MXing" <~~ i like that word

94: MX3 GS with lotz of toys
yutik

Post by yutik »

sorry, i have been reading this web site for a while now and have also subscribed the mx3 news group. that was my very first msg i reply in this website. i did because i thought i can really give some good advisces since i drove both cars over 2 yrs now. i live in Vancouver, BC - Canada. if anyone live around Vancouver BC area and has icq and would like to share mx3 experiences with me please add me 462013.. thanks all ppl.
Have fun "MXing" <~~ i like that word

94: MX3 GS with lotz of toys

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”