TMP39 - MX-3 RS b6 - 2.5 klze

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
TMP39

TMP39 - MX-3 RS b6 - 2.5 klze

Post by TMP39 »

ok so yeasterday i managed to get a new parts car. and luckily for me it has a kl-ze in it and yes im sure, i checked the heads and it has kl31 101 on it but not to sure which ecu it got havent checked. but im going to take the ZE out of the parts car along with most of the front end and re build it over the winter and then srop it into my rs. so yea im going to switch everything over. oh it will be fun and them little V-techs gotta watch themselves after ;p
Last edited by TMP39 on March 10th, 2010, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rekognize

Re: 4 - 6

Post by rekognize »

ZE in an RS? Bravo! :mrgreen:
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Its like your carrying on a convo with all of us. In the worklog section. ?
TMP39

Post by TMP39 »

well i figured everybody else has a ZE in a GS but i figured i would just put one in my rs instead. i realize the amount of work involved but thats why i have an entire car to get the parts from. and i dont think theres anyone on here thats done it before cause everyone would just say get te hbpt but sincei got the car witha ze in it along with a bunch of other usful toys im gonna use it.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

This is not a worklog, plrease read the Stickey on worklogs before posting one, thanks.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

TMP39 wrote:well i figured everybody else has a ZE in a GS but i figured i would just put one in my rs instead. i realize the amount of work involved but thats why i have an entire car to get the parts from. and i dont think theres anyone on here thats done it before cause everyone would just say get te hbpt but sincei got the car witha ze in it along with a bunch of other usful toys im gonna use it.
Apart from me, there's at least one other guy with a ZE in an RS. He swapped it in himself though, I bought mine with the motor swapped in already.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
TMP39

Post by TMP39 »

ok so i got my ze parts car running, it ran great. so i pulled the engine and subframe as one piece. 3 hours not bad.

going to hopefully start pulling it all apart get everything cleanedup and ready to be put into my car.

TMP39

Post by TMP39 »

so whats new.....rebuilt my alternator and painted the stator green haha
finally got my braied corksport clutch line, put on my headers getting my stock flywheel lightened :P gotta order my clutch still. painted valve covers and fuel rails. new waterpump timing kit and cleaned all my pulleys and removed my power steering pump and power rak for a manual one. sandblasted my subframe and just painted it with epoxy primer. haha i had myfront sway bar done in base clear red haha. got my new rotors from nightshade. eibach kit, kybs uh lots of stuff lately just havent been putting it up.
who new doing a ze would be so easy :P

and the best part when i got it and what it is now :P
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

nice job man.... but u need to put this in the worklogs section :D
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
TMP39

Post by TMP39 »

mazdags94 wrote:nice job man.... but u need to put this in the worklogs section :D
it was there when i started it and than than when i added more to it i seen it was moved here so.... not really my choice
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

well it needs to get moved/abandoned before it gets locked!

Just start fresh in the worklogs section!
TMP39

Re: TMP39 - MX-3 RS b6 - 2.5 klze

Post by TMP39 »

i swear its like a god send for me to have this engine in my car haha.

so yea last sunday i tok my 4 cyl and old subframe out cleaned up this mess and put the new subframe in. man is it ever perrty. maybe have the ze in, in a week or 2 depends mainly on getting my harness re loomed. was kinda hacked by the guy that owned the car before me. but nothing a few wiring diagrams and some time cant fix.
bbunkerc397
antispam: No

Post by bbunkerc397 »

Nice work, like the underhood paint. Is that the origanal colour?
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad
TMP39

Post by TMP39 »

bbunkerc397 wrote:Nice work, like the underhood paint. Is that the origanal colour?
nope, painted it last year when i had my 4 cyl out the first time.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

It's looking great! Nice progress!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”