A Tale of Champs, Higher Education, and Sh*tty insurance

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
xerostatus

A Tale of Champs, Higher Education, and Sh*tty insurance

Post by xerostatus »

June 14, 2009 -- Lakers clench their title victory in Game 5 of the 2009 NBA Finals.

June 17, 2009 -- 9:00AM: It is decided that on this day, the city of Los Angeles would <waste> spend an estimated $2 million in this economic climate to celebrate the Lakers' victory via parade. It is also decided that I would be privaleged enough to have to drive my sister to school at 9 o'clock in the morning. It is also decided that the parade would be held near the LA convention center, right smack dab next to USC (my sister's school of choice).

June 17, 2009 -- 9:20AM: In grid lock traffic, thanks to nearly every bloody small and big street closed off in all directions imaginable around the parade perimeter, whilst I'm going at precisely 0mph, a clown in a grey/silver lancer slams into me from the rear.

July 15, 2009 -- Damn near a whole month after the accident, the insurance company finally pays out, after, of course, many weeks of nearly fruitless attempts to convince the insurance company that my ZE-powered MX-3 (at this point which has already been labeled as "total loss") was NOT worth a mere "$1600". In the end, I receive a sum of $2740.

July 27, 2009 -- After a bit of searching and MANY drives to San Fernando Valley, I finally pick up this:

Ain't much right now, but I can very much see a ZE in its future.. maybe even a turbo?
1995 MX-6 LS
1992 MX-3 ZE (busted up)
==========================
http://www.cardomain.com/id/xerostatus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: A Tale of Champs, Higher Education, and Sh*tty insurance

Post by SuperK »

still got your mx-3 or did the insurance take and junk it?

I'd say swap the ZE in there
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Man I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you were given the option to buy it back for a measly sum....
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I goess it was a total loss to themk as the car was worthless in their eyes.

That looked like a simple fix... seems like just the bumper was damaged, the ligts looked weird because the bumper was pushed in... wow.. my car had the exact same crash before I baught it and the prev owner fized it with like 500 dllrs(replaced hatch and bumper, lights were saved.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
xerostatus

Post by xerostatus »

I still have the car. So the sum of money they gave me was on top of letting me keep the car, so I mean I'm fairly happy with the result.. i could always just wait off and save up a bit of money to (again) restore the mx-3. The ZE in its is pretty tired, so I'm considering just getting a fresh ZE in the 6 =)

It's a bit hard to see from the pictures, but the rear dmg extends up to the hatch as well (the little bottom lip portion, where you see that scuff mark, of the hatch is bent in).
1995 MX-6 LS
1992 MX-3 ZE (busted up)
==========================
http://www.cardomain.com/id/xerostatus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”