Map Of Mx-3 Owners: London/Niagara/Hamilton/Toronto/Kingston

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Mad Cow

Re: Map Of Mx-3 Owners: London/Niagara/Hamilton/Toronto/Kingston

Post by Mad Cow »

Flyer wrote:There was a web-based map where users could mark down where they were from...I forgot what it was, but it does exist...still trying to look for it
Is this what you're talking about? http://www.frappr.com/torontomx3club
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

That may be useful, to an extent, but you can't remove old members, as well, all members must add themselves to the list. Not all do nor care to.

The map is mostly done, just need to reorganize a bit, as well, there's 2 users that sit just outside of the map area, so I'll have to extent it to get them in (Huntsville and Windsor)

Funny how easy Photoshop can make things rather than using MSPaint...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Add me as well please ;D
I'm in Etobicoke, near Royal York and Lakeshore...
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I'm near the intersection of Keele and Bloor in Toronto, I'm pretty close to #13.

What I like about the google map is that you can zoom in and move it around and stuff, so it's alot more accurate. You won't have a ton of numbers in the same spot. And honestly, the people who care enough to add themselves are the people who will show up at meets and stuff, everyone else doesn't really matter.

EDIT: I'm trying out Platial right now, it's pretty much a newer version of frappr, and it's a million times better. Anybody can add however many locations they want. If anybody wants to try it out, here's a link: http://platial.com/map/Ontario-MX-3-Club/611989
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Mad Cow wrote:I'm near the intersection of Keele and Bloor in Toronto, I'm pretty close to #13.

What I like about the google map is that you can zoom in and move it around and stuff, so it's alot more accurate. You won't have a ton of numbers in the same spot. And honestly, the people who care enough to add themselves are the people who will show up at meets and stuff, everyone else doesn't really matter.

EDIT: I'm trying out Platial right now, it's pretty much a newer version of frappr, and it's a million times better. Anybody can add however many locations they want. If anybody wants to try it out, here's a link: http://platial.com/map/Ontario-MX-3-Club/611989
Cool, thanks for the info.

Well, there's pro's and con's either way. You are right, the people who care enough would be the ones who add themselves to the map, but for security reasons, some may be worried about making their cars a target. I'm not sure how that site would work for managing people who put themselves on the list, but leave. Would they be stuck on the list indefinitely, which would defeate the purpose. At least with that map, we have a specifically general idea on who is where, and how to arrange meets and locations. Unfortunately it shows that we lost alot of Niagara and Brantford members, but everywhere else seems to of grown. For total active members, we really haven't lost many, despite how many that have came and left in the last 4 years
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

You can always remove yourself from the map, and I think that I (the admin) would be able to remove markers too. And I can see why someone would be worried about their car, but this isn't a very well-known community and the map would pretty much only be accessible from people who visit here. And people could always put their marker close to their location but not exactly on it, like they could put it on the nearest intersection if they live on a small side-street. IMO you would have to be pretty paranoid to not even put the nearest intersection for fear of your car getting stolen.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ya, that would be good. But when people leave, they just leave. I doubt that anyone would remember to remove themselves from the list, so having an admin control would be essential.
Mad Cow wrote:IMO you would have to be pretty paranoid to not even put the nearest intersection for fear of your car getting stolen.
Well, not necessarilly stolen, but could get broken into as well. Hey, people blank out their lisence plates when posting pics online of their cars....
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

That's true, yea I'm the admin so I can always remove markers.

And blanking out license plates is just paranoia IMO, how many people would really track down a car from just a license plate? Unless it's some super-rare car worth a few hundred thousand.
boahx

Post by boahx »

hi.. i'm from newmarket i dont go on 3.com alot here & there just checking out the stuff that's being sold~
93BlackMX3

Post by 93BlackMX3 »

just saw the updated map today, and saw myself on there :) I know this must have taken alot time and you should be thanked for it.

Thank You!

...I feel apart of the community now 8) :P
dirtydee1982

Post by dirtydee1982 »

I'm fairly new to the site and to MX3s, but am looking to join an MX3 club. im located on CF Base Borden just outside Barrie.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

dirtydee1982 wrote:I'm fairly new to the site and to MX3s, but am looking to join an MX3 club. im located on CF Base Borden just outside Barrie.
Well, this thead is related to those who happen to see other Mx-3's around.

There's a thread about Barrie members just a few threads down:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=70686" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Demonicdst

Post by Demonicdst »

hey im up in the not so much there northern section north of barrie in orillia
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2971181" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
soulJ
antispam: No

Post by soulJ »

Can I be added onto this map? I'm at Mississauga On, Mavis and Burnhamthorpe =)
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

soulJ what does your MX-3 look like?
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”