15"x8" wheels will they fit

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
onlytrueromeo

Re: 15"x8" wheels will they fit

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Since you're using such a small tire they MIGHT work, but why would you use such a small tire? It will be stretched to hell on that wide wheel, and will significantly decrease your traction compared to the right size wheel. Not to mention your speedo will be off. I find 195's work best on a 6.5 or 7" wheel, and I would go no bigger than that. I also believe our cars need 195/65.

Are you doing this just for looks or for performance? Having such a low offset wheel will cause steering problems, may prematurely damage parts (added stresses) and may actually reduce performance by reducing turn in.

The back end of our cars are very light, and thus have softer spring rates, even w/ H&R's. When you corner hard, if you are lowered even with a smaller tire (which I wouldn't recommend), if your tires stick out past the fenders they WILL rub.

If you are doing this just for looks as a show car, then by all means...but if you use the car as a DD or like to drive it occasionally around corners, I think you will be disappointed. You really don't want your tires past your fenders unless you are planning to roll them, or are not lowered w/ VERY stiff springs.
!vtec-this!

Post by !vtec-this! »

wish i could get some pics cause iam still not sure on what specs to buy. and their are no used sets around for sale that i could try.

mind you iam want performance over look
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=77496445
My Car: Mazda MX-3 v6
14.5 @97mph
2.328 60ft....still more room for improvement
Only 165whp
Now boosted & New #'s to come
pattheriault

Post by pattheriault »

I didnt choose that tire size... it was the size that was on the rim in the store so I tried it to see how much it would stick out.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

8" width will fit fine with the +15 offset. i have 18x9 +25 with 225/40/18 all around with a 13mm spacer in the rear to even out the fitment cuz the rears require a lower offset to have the same fender clearance. Of course it does poke.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”