Bought my first mx-3 and need ideas- Pullman, wa

For MX-3 owners on the west coast and surrounding areas
Stonefly
antispam: No

Bought my first mx-3 and need ideas- Pullman, wa

Post by Stonefly »

Hey, I had been wanting a mx-3 for many years and just the other night, one fell into my lap... 250 dollars on craigslist needs a water pump and some love but i have to go pick it up in chewelah... i live just south of pullman myself and ill be pickin it up on saturday and im pretty stoked... im just a little overwhelmed trying to decide what to do to the thing... She's not in the greatest shape and is going to need love (new water pump, paint and a little body work)... Anyone from this area willin to give some pointers/ ideas... If anyone is willing to help with mechanical, my specialty is audio so i'd be willing to trade for help as well...

Project: After-Midnight
Mx-3 Project: After-Midnight
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Bought my first mx-3 and need ideas- Pullman, wa

Post by fowljesse »

Welcome to the wonderful MX-3 world! I know a little about the GS. I'm just far enough away that I can't really drive up to help, but I'll do what I can on here :)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

I am up in Wenatchee, and I know mitmaks is in Spokane. What model you got???
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Hey, welcome to site. Nice to see another Washingtonian join this site.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Stonefly

Post by Stonefly »

1993 Gs v6 1.8... power everything unfortunately the interior is s---.. I'm hoping to find the interior from an LE or just go aftermarket... i haven't decided yet if i want to keep this engine and boost it or go up to the KLZE and go from there... Also if I go with the KLZE which one i should choose if i want to strap a turbo on and which kit to get... I'm really new to Mazda's even though I've wanted to get one for years, I always specialized in Honda previously.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

drive it like u stole it..when the motor blows replace it with a ze..no point turbo'n the stock 1.8.
ImageImageImageImage
Stonefly

Post by Stonefly »

Ok... so, the car runs fine and all... the problem is that it is not putting out hardly any power (its a struggle to get to 60)... any common issues that may cause a power loss like that?

Return to “West Coast MX-3 Owners”