Just Bought My 1st MX-3

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Inodoro Pereyra

Re: Just Bought My 1st MX-3

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

You mean a BP, or a K8?
Anyways, as far as I know, there's no difference at all.

I'm glad you finally got it. :D
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Redline322

Post by Redline322 »

It probably came out of a 1.8 sohc protege, look for a stamping, if it starts with f, you are good to go, if it starts with g, you might need to swap axles too because then it would have came from a 1.8 dohc. You should just have to swap on your speedo cable and wire up your neutral switch and reverse lights and be good to go.
93 323 Bp'd, Front and rear strut braces, Mx-3 seats, JDM headlights and grill SOLD
93 Mx-3 GS Curved-Neck KLZE, 5 speed Conversion, Fidanza Flywheel, Cross Drilled Rotors
beefmobile
antispam: No

Post by beefmobile »

Redline322 wrote:It probably came out of a 1.8 sohc protege, look for a stamping, if it starts with f, you are good to go, if it starts with g, you might need to swap axles too because then it would have came from a 1.8 dohc. You should just have to swap on your speedo cable and wire up your neutral switch and reverse lights and be good to go.
it was def. an mx-3....the manifold was looked really weird on it. i put the trannys up next to each other, and they looked identical, so im not sure about the axles and all......i didnt look for the markings...
Cars:

2006 Mustang GT-- 12.5 @ 112 mph; NSR Stage II Cams, CMCV Delete Plates, GT500 Throttle Body, U/D pullies, JLT Intake, MAC Headers, O/R X Pipe, Borla Stingers, 4.10 Gears, Hurst Shifter, FRPP Springs, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Power Steering Delete, Brembo Brakes, Chrome Grille, Cervinis Chin Spoiler, GT500 18" Wheels, Blacked Out Lights, and much much more.

2006 Mercury Mariner V6-DD
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 SE-Wife
1993 Mazda MX-3-BEATER!

United States Marine Corps
beefmobile

Post by beefmobile »

well i got everything all buttoned up. everything bolted up real nice, it was smooth operation.

8)

still got a CEL, but the car runs smooth as a whistle.....not the fastest thing in the world but everything works. lol. i really like this car and how i got it to turn out.

thx for all your help and directions, it really helped out (yes, even you, uncamara)
Cars:

2006 Mustang GT-- 12.5 @ 112 mph; NSR Stage II Cams, CMCV Delete Plates, GT500 Throttle Body, U/D pullies, JLT Intake, MAC Headers, O/R X Pipe, Borla Stingers, 4.10 Gears, Hurst Shifter, FRPP Springs, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Power Steering Delete, Brembo Brakes, Chrome Grille, Cervinis Chin Spoiler, GT500 18" Wheels, Blacked Out Lights, and much much more.

1993 Mazda MX-3-BEATER!

Inodoro Pereyra

Congratulations!
Feels good to know YOU did it...huh? 8)

Diogenes of Sinope.
beefmobile

Post by beefmobile »

oh ya you better believe it. never got held up by any snags, usually you run into a few. now i just gotta clean up the interior and it'll be all set for a DD.
Cars:

1993 Mazda MX-3-BEATER!

Inodoro Pereyra

I do believe it. I have experienced it.
Best feeling in the world. Now your car stopped being a machine to become your "baby".
Enjoy! :D

Diogenes of Sinope.
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

Glad things worked out for you. We love to help, but we also love to say SEARCH.

You'll catch on if you stick around.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Check the codes please. It could be something simple like an O2 sensor.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
beefmobile

Post by beefmobile »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you're refering to mx3kids's thread right? hahahaha

well the light went off, i think after i reassembled everything, cleaned out all the connections, and got it running after a few weeks, i think it just needed a few drive cycles to realize whatever was wrong had been corrected. quite normal for that to happen
Cars:

1993 Mazda MX-3-BEATER!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”