[FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Towona

Re: [FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Post by Towona »

Cool thanks.
Towona

Post by Towona »

Any news on a decal?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Sorry I'm too busy to focus on anything else right now. I'll have to get to that later.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Dan [Sac]

Post by Dan [Sac] »

Good to see progress on this. I like the color, for some odd reason - now we can all color-match with D2 coilovers...or not. I can't wait to see how the 323 will handle on these bad boys.
'90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
'93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods... 10.24 @ 139.5 mph [20 psi] - 545 whp, 490 wtq @ 21psi
1997 Ford Probe GTS (Hybrid) - RWD Conversion - Build Thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Regarding the color...

Purple was sort of a lark. I had always intended to do the bushings in black. I know everybody wants some flashy color, but I'm not a flashy guy.

I hope that doesn't bum everyone out.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Towona

Post by Towona »

Black works for me
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Not really too worried about colour myself. Though purples good for me!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

I like black :D
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Black they shall be kids...that's the way it is.

On another note, there may be a slight delay as my material for making the sleeves will not arrive until next week. I will do my best to get things done in the shortest time possible, but I'm at the mercy of my suppliers in many cases.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Spent many hours this weekend and crushed a thumb installing the prototype Polyurethane bushings on the Purple Beast this weekend. I wrote up the complete instructions of how I performed the disassembly and installation in 2 parts.

Part 1

Part 2

There were a couple of hurdles...aside from the damaged phalanges. The only big one was the driver's side trailing arm. It did not want to come out of the body of the car. I had to cut. Some welding will be required later. Everything went together perfectly and the 70 duro bushings feel just like I hoped they would. I think I will get myself a set of 80 as well and try them out for comparison.

Of course the alignment was completely destroyed in the process, but on the 30km or so drive home despite the horrifically poor steering, the suspension felt really good. No clunking and reasonably tight given that the alignment is so far off. I will have the alignment done next week when I get back from my little trip and then we'll really see how it feels.

The removal of the stock bushings did seem to lower the car a bit. Without the preload of the stock bushings to help the springs support he weight of the car it does sit a little lower. I think once I have the camber corrected and the alignment done it will only wind up being a half inch or so.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
claude matte

Post by claude matte »

is this set still avaible i vary intrested it getting them thanks
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3mazda
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3346603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; new pics
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Well here's the thing. I have a couple other guys who want partial kits as well but I'm having trouble getting the vendor to call me back. I will find out if they are going to impose a minimum order. If they are we may have to wait for a few more people to show interest. If not I will order them as soon as you make payment.

Go to the top post and read the ordering instructions. I'll post as soon as I know what the deal is.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
claude matte

Post by claude matte »

thanks man
like i said im in for a full set if it happens
:D
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3mazda
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3346603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; new pics
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

One way or another I will get you some bushings.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

wytbishop wrote:Spent many hours this weekend and crushed a thumb installing the prototype Polyurethane bushings on the Purple Beast this weekend. I wrote up the complete instructions of how I performed the disassembly and installation in 2 parts.

Part 1

Part 2

There were a couple of hurdles...aside from the damaged phalanges. The only big one was the driver's side trailing arm. It did not want to come out of the body of the car. I had to cut. Some welding will be required later. Everything went together perfectly and the 70 duro bushings feel just like I hoped they would. I think I will get myself a set of 80 as well and try them out for comparison.

Of course the alignment was completely destroyed in the process, but on the 30km or so drive home despite the horrifically poor steering, the suspension felt really good. No clunking and reasonably tight given that the alignment is so far off. I will have the alignment done next week when I get back from my little trip and then we'll really see how it feels.

The removal of the stock bushings did seem to lower the car a bit. Without the preload of the stock bushings to help the springs support he weight of the car it does sit a little lower. I think once I have the camber corrected and the alignment done it will only wind up being a half inch or so.
Would you clarify this? I would love it if my rear was lower, especially after i put in the light hatch.
And... Happy healing :wink:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”