Runs rough at low RPM's

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cthb533

Runs rough at low RPM's

Post by cthb533 »

Been having problems with this car for a few days now. It ran fine on the way to work, but when I started it aftewards it was running really rough. Nursed it home and put it in the shop. Pulled the codes and it was giving 25 and 69. I replaced the Fan temp sensor for error 69 and don't really think 25 is the problem.

I couldn't get it to start for the longest time. The tank was about a 1/4 full but I added some more gas and it started. Now its really hard to get up to speed but once it gets past about 3k rpm's it runs a lot better. I'm thinking there's a clog in the fuel line or something like that but was some opinions before I tear it down.

-HB
nightridergsr

Re: Runs rough at low RPM's

Post by nightridergsr »

maybe bad gas? try fuel system treatment? bad fuel pump/low fuel pressure? I have noticed alot of cars run rough on the bottom of the tank because of the sediment, water, etc. in the bottom of the tank I guess. My MX-3 always ran a little rougher at 1/4 tank and less. My fiancee' Jeep Liberty is the same way.
fmh

Post by fmh »

check your distributor i had a similar problem before and it end up being the coil that was getting hot I end up replacing the hole distributor because it was almost the same price
my also run rough when I was giving to much gas
but after I re[lsced the disty it fix the problem
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Also sounds like textbook vacuum leak in the intake tubing.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”