B6 ecu & harness to work with BP?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
rekognize

B6 ecu & harness to work with BP?

Post by rekognize »

Is it okay to use a b6 ecu on a bp?
Last edited by rekognize on November 16th, 2010, 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: B6 ecu & harness to work with BP?

Post by Ryan »

come on man... 700+ posts?

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=16446" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Oh there are a bunch of cons but hey find out the hard way if you must.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Redline322

Post by Redline322 »

It'll run like crap if you dont use the right vaf and ecu. If the ecus and vafs were designed to run on different engines, they would have instead of paying engineers to come up with new parts. Shortcuts and making things cheaper is always better in their mind, not the best choice when doing a motor swap though.
93 323 Bp'd, Front and rear strut braces, Mx-3 seats, JDM headlights and grill SOLD
93 Mx-3 GS Curved-Neck KLZE, 5 speed Conversion, Fidanza Flywheel, Cross Drilled Rotors
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Havoc13 (Alex) just got a BP swap on his 94 and it's not running right at all for what he's said and I hear. He's got the ECU and VAF now, he's just waiting on a guy to actually install them.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

rekognize wrote:Is it okay to use a b6 ecu & spliced harness on a bp?

It`s going to work just not sure if there are any cons?

I dont even know why you would want to splice the harness. It is plug and play.

All you have to do is swap your engine bay harness (from the ECU to the engine bay) to the SOHC harness. You would loose out on using the DE ECU (94-95) there is no point to splice anything. What i strongly reccomend is that you swap out the ECU to a BP ecu, with swaping to the BP distributor and swaping to exturnal coil, with the VAF. you could go for the RX7 VAF. this ECU would bring up your red line as well. only down side is you might burn just alittle bit more fuel, but you would only loose a couple of mpg. I ran that set up on my 95' for quite some time. Its not as bad as everyone says.
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

I now have bp05 ecu, harness, vaf, and disty :welder:
mazpr
antispam: No

Post by mazpr »

Although it is another chassis, on a Mazda 323.

I have a B6 harness, using BP10 ECU, BP engine, had to run an extra wire from ther distributor to the ECU to recognize twin cam.

Also, like others say, I swapped for a VAF from an RX-7 II, just had to adjust the flap and idle knob on the throttle body. Car runs much stronger, 2ith lightened flywheel, header, cam gears, stage II pressure plate.

I recommend before doing this swap to get all the diagrams, triple checked them and have a plan of attack before doing the swap.

The car is fast, but it will never be a match against a LSVTEC civic. I always say the BP was built to be run boosted, contary to Honda engines with very weak aluminum blocks.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Josh wrote:
rekognize wrote:Is it okay to use a b6 ecu & spliced harness on a bp?

It`s going to work just not sure if there are any cons?

I dont even know why you would want to splice the harness. It is plug and play.

All you have to do is swap your engine bay harness (from the ECU to the engine bay) to the SOHC harness. You would loose out on using the DE ECU (94-95) there is no point to splice anything. What i strongly reccomend is that you swap out the ECU to a BP ecu, with swaping to the BP distributor and swaping to exturnal coil, with the VAF. you could go for the RX7 VAF. this ECU would bring up your red line as well. only down side is you might burn just alittle bit more fuel, but you would only loose a couple of mpg. I ran that set up on my 95' for quite some time. Its not as bad as everyone says.
well said if only people had the common sense to try that on a 94+ MX-3
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

it makes life so much easier, especially for tunning

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”