rear suspension oh oh

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
seboroth

rear suspension oh oh

Post by seboroth »

hey all, Two years ago when I did my suspension upgrade/disc swap I put my trailing arms on with the open ends facing inwards. Now for the last three months I've been hearing an intresting clunk now and then when making slow turns. I thought it was my sway bar links again but they are fine. So I pulled out my Mazda workbook from mazda and in the suspension area it stats that when you install the trailing arms the open end needs to be facing outward. I just want to make sure that what I did was wrong and weather or not it may cause my problem. I'm going to be doing anyways right now so if you get back to me the sooner the better. Thanks guys. Post a pic or two too so that I can double check.
95' Mazda Mx-3
1986 bmw 325e-rust in peace
1996 Subaru Outback-Sold
2002 Bmw 325XIT
seboroth

Re: rear suspension oh oh

Post by seboroth »

Well, just got done switching them around, I think my spring is catching weird on the strut because a spot on the spring is worn away and little area of raw metal is showing. The rubber spring pad is also chewed up because those were the only parts I reused from my suspension upgrade. I'm going to take the strut out this fall when I park the car for the winter and we will see what happens then. Till then, wish me luck!
95' Mazda Mx-3
1996 Subaru Outback-Sold
2002 Bmw 325XIT
progt91
antispam: No

Post by progt91 »

make sure your trailing arm bolts are really tight, if they have a chance for a slight amount of movement it can cause a clunking noise.
seboroth

Post by seboroth »

yea, I torqued them down too. they were pretty tight before also.
95' Mazda Mx-3
1996 Subaru Outback-Sold
2002 Bmw 325XIT

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”