Supermant11's 1992 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
superman_t11

Supermant11's 1992 GS

Post by superman_t11 »

Well its all coming together finally. I have owned 2 other mx3's in the past and this one is finally going to be my project car.
I picked her up in Idaho Springs, CO about 3 hours from where i am stationed. Payed 1900 USD cash and drove her home. She made it all the way back without no problems.
Pretty clean car, cracked windshield, sun roof has some problems, center tri console is busted, rear left plastic flap (behind speaker cover) is broke, all minor cosmetic problems. But other than that, everything is working order and all the OEM parts and plastic pieces are still in tact, a rare find IMO.

here are some pics of the start of what hopes to be a magnificent car.

[img]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh62 ... 81717a.jpg[/img]

[IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh62 ... 081718.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh62 ... 81717b.jpg[/IMG]
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Supermant11's 1992 GS

Post by fowljesse »

I'd like to see it, but the links aren't linking :(
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Savin

Post by Savin »

superman_t11 wrote:Well its all coming together finally. I have owned 2 other mx3's in the past and this one is finally going to be my project car.
I picked her up in Idaho Springs, CO about 3 hours from where i am stationed. Payed 1900 USD cash and drove her home. She made it all the way back without no problems.
Pretty clean car, cracked windshield, sun roof has some problems, center tri console is busted, rear left plastic flap (behind speaker cover) is broke, all minor cosmetic problems. But other than that, everything is working order and all the OEM parts and plastic pieces are still in tact, a rare find IMO.

here are some pics of the start of what hopes to be a magnificent car.

looks nice!
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

On a cool side note:

My buddy and I sucessfully tried a method of self-windsheild replacement.

You need: A package of guitar strings, needlenose, and an utility knife.

- Remove interior trim. Push guitar string between windsheild and A-pillar. Wrap handles around each end of the string, like you would dental floss. It works best if its warm outside.

Saw it around the whole edge and remove. Do the same to the receiver car (now that you have more experince not wrecking the car) and scrape off most of the old silicone. Don't expose metal. Buy new silicone, install.

Works like a charm. Worked for us for $60 and two hours. Better than the $200 deductable, if you even have glass coverage.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
superman_t11

Post by superman_t11 »

[quote="Ryan"]On a cool side note:

My buddy and I sucessfully tried a method of self-windsheild replacement.

You need: A package of guitar strings, needlenose, and an utility knife.

- Remove interior trim. Push guitar string between windsheild and A-pillar. Wrap handles around each end of the string, like you would dental floss. It works best if its warm outside.

Saw it around the whole edge and remove. Do the same to the receiver car (now that you have more experince not wrecking the car) and scrape off most of the old silicone. Don't expose metal. Buy new silicone, install.

Works like a charm. Worked for us for $60 and two hours. Better than the $200 deductable, if you even have glass coverage.[/quote]

well that sounds promising! ill have to try it out.
superman_t11

Post by superman_t11 »

Well first off, i don't know why i can't post pics, vids, of quotes... i've even tried using the buttons on the board and still nothing, what am i doing wrong?

So I installed new Plugs, wires, and changed the oil. Ordered some fancy state of the art Altezzas from a top of the line European company. AKA Cheapos that everyone has off of eBay. lol

Installed a strut bar did notice a difference in the handling. not bad for 15 bucks.

Got a new CD player hooked up and sounds alright, but definitely need some subs for an extra bump. won't be going big maybe just one 12" guy.

Ill post some pics for you guys today.

Im thinking that the sunroof motor is shot. spent a good 45 mins cleaning the tracks etc. and its still choppy making a very loud clicking noise. Sometimes decides to work and sometimes doesn't. There is power going to it hence the loud a$$ clicking noise.

Took some Blue Magic to the head lights and got them all shiny again! she is so pretty!
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

You need to get a new sunroof motor gear as it is most likely stripped. Take the motor down and check. The tracks will also get stripped and could cause problems after getting a new gear. Sucks, I had the same problem. My sunroof is still having problems.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”