Ice Racing MX-3 GS 92 (update season 2010) Pic p.2

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Ice Racing

Re: Ice Racing MX-3 GS 92 (update season 2009)

Post by Ice Racing »

Mazda 323 brake system is required to fit the 13 inch studded tires that we are using
GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

My mind is absolutely on fire with ideas just looking at your car. Wicked cool car man.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah. I love your car.
How thick, and what material are your windows? I have 1/4" Makrolon for my sides, and 3/8" for the rear, but I haven't put them on yet. How are they holding up?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Ice Racing

Post by Ice Racing »

fowljesse wrote:Yeah. I love your car.
How thick, and what material are your windows? I have 1/4" Makrolon for my sides, and 3/8" for the rear, but I haven't put them on yet. How are they holding up?
We used the same Makrolon materiel (I forgot how thick it is, sorry) It does a very nice job.
GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING
Towona

Post by Towona »

Can you provide some info on your coilovers (part #'s, price, vendor etc...)?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

why isnt anyone mentioning the lexan hatch?!!

do tell!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Ice Racing

Post by Ice Racing »

Fun to see that this post was brought up today... Today I bought new shifter bushing (brass) for the car.

Update: Season is off and so the car (storage till this fall) Will be painting the car this fall with 2 new door, front bumper and 1 fender. Suspension
was very hard to understand bought after 4 races we just got it and those STD coilover are working great. I drove the car in race situation my self for the first time everthis year. This car is amazing... we had to replace fuel tank so we installed fuel cell and HP pump and new monitoring system

GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

hgallegos915 wrote:why isnt anyone mentioning the lexan hatch?!!

do tell!
Just look 2 posts up :)

Thanks for updating, Ice Racing.
Are you changing the doors, and bumper due to damage, or for something lighter? If for something lighter, please tell.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That video was great :D Swooped 'em on the outside, sideways in a FWD!
I don't know, but it seems that it would help to get hard TTl bushings, to make getting loose like that more predictable.
Ice Racing

Post by Ice Racing »

[quote=
Are you changing the doors, and bumper due to damage, or for something lighter? If for something lighter, please tell.[/quote]

Unfortunnately it got a little nastier by the and of the year and body panel got that hard :mrgreen: :shrug:

Wait til you see next color, it will be very nice. I'll aslo try to put pic from fuel cell later
GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING
Towona

Post by Towona »

Any problems with switching over to 323 brakes? Did you just swap the spindles, calipers and rotors? The driveshaft fits in the 323 spindle ok?
Ice Racing

Post by Ice Racing »

We took the knuckle and it was bolt-on, brake had to come as well (gs caliper design different)
GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING
Towona

Post by Towona »

Ok cool. Thanks.
Ice Racing

Post by Ice Racing »

Here is 2010 Edition completed to 98% :D :D Very happy with the result. First race schedule for January 31th close to Montreal aera (Lavaltrie). This year, I have upgrade from regular studded tire class to Supersport B with 110 0.175in screw per tire 8) Getting very impessiante to try the car on the track

GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Ice Racing MX-3 GS 92 (update season 2010) Pic p.2

Post by mitmaks »

nice build
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”