Parts for B6ME

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Limegreen mx-3

Re: Parts for B6ME

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Ryan wrote:
The problem I ran into with B6ME and 1st gen BP is that the keyway is different on the pully/crank. That sucks because 1st gen BP runs V on alt/wp and serp on PS. B6 runs serp all around, and I'd rather run serp, but the b6 pully didn't work on the BP

Most of the fwd mazda ford bp's run the V belts on the alt/wp side. Early 89-early 92 bps use a short nose crank which is what u got. i had one myself spun a bearing. late 92-on up bp's use the long nose crank. If u had that type u can just use the udp form ur sohc and wp pully and use ur alt to have a serp/serp belt setup. that what u rather have rite.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Yeah, but I don't wanna source a new crank.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
jkbreazeale

Post by jkbreazeale »

Well, for starters... I do know how to use the search feature.. I just overlook things some times :mrgreen: . As far as fuel economy with a throttle body gasket leak, I was getting around 26 mpg city so I dropped 1 mpg, however I put the gasket on today so we will see how that goes.
1993 MX-3 RS (my project car) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815854 <- Check out my Cardomain!
1995 MX-3 RS (wife's project car)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”