AWR Solid Motor Mounts

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

lol yup i was pumped when i found we could get urethane mounts :D well i just got them in and drove it 10mins ago and they are NICE!! u can definitly tell there solid especially when ur turning it over to start! has a fair amount of vibration at idle but when moving it isnt noticeable but there niiiiace :)

my old mounts are ''brand new'' only like 24k KMS on them and are for sale for 45+shipping pm me if interested
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Slammed6 wrote:I knew people would order those if they were made...Im glad i got them to fab those up before i ended up leaving the car scene. LOL.
yeah thanks dude! UPS has been trying to deliver my rear mount all week LOL... I think I will get it today...
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Anybody else have some input on the awr mounts? I need new mounts badly but i dont know if i want to spend the money on these.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

do it! buy the AWR ones! but get a probe front and mx-3 rear

I LOVE MINE!!!
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I got my awr mounts installed and they are awesome. Well worth the money, and my throttle response is rediculous now. The car feels so much more aggresive.

Nate
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

1992blazeredgs wrote:I got my awr mounts installed and they are awesome. Well worth the money, and my throttle response is rediculous now. The car feels so much more aggresive.

Nate
what durometer did you get? also did you get both mx-3 or did you get the probe for the front?
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I got the 88 durometer, and both were mx3 mounts. I didnt feel like drilling the crossmember holes bigger. Plus i figured solid mounts were strong enough, that i didnt need the added strength of getting the probe front mount.

Nate
RX8SE3P

Re: AWR Solid Motor Mounts

Post by RX8SE3P »

Sorry to bump and older thread but my MX3 shudders a fair bit on acceleration. Like if I put my foot down it goes braam braaam braaam real quick like it's doing on/off acceleration. But if I slowly put my foot down it doesn't do it, just goes braaaaaaaaaaam. That make any sense at all lol?

The gear stick looks like it shudders in exact time with the engine shudder. Guessing I should have filled or gotten solid mounts as I used my old crappy mounts on my ZE lol. Shifting can be a little bit crap too, so I am relatively sure the mounts are not holding the ZE very well.

Thinking about AWR MX-3 front and rear. Is 70 durometer too soft? I don't want a super strong mount that risks breaking my engine or trans but I don't like the way it is now. Or is 88 durometer normal?

90% of the time I just drive like a granny but would like a more tight ride when I change gears and accelerate in normal conditions.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
mazda___mx3
antispam: No

Post by mazda___mx3 »

how do these compare with filling your own mounts with urethane?
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I would get 88. It's not going to break your tranny, and I really don't mind the slight vibrations. I think you want to get the probe front one, its a little beefier than the mx3 one. It's either the front or the rear, a search will tell you.

This is better than filling your mounts, but slightly more expensive. AWR only does the front and rear also, so you'd still need to fill in your sides.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Probe front! Much bigger nuts/bolts 19mm (socket) VS the mx3 ones which I'm guessing like the rear one has 14mm nuts IIRC. I'm really happy with 88s, it has caused one panel to rattle by the windscreen but I'll get round to that. The benefits far outweigh that rattle, really tamed my clutch. I couldn't believe the difference, I found it much better that the 70shoreA window weld in my old mounts. Though I'm sure liquid filled/2part poly would have done a closer job.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Well I guess getting a probe one makes sense, since it's meant for a 2.5L engine and the MX-3 mounts are probably for 1.8L engines. If all I have to do is drill the cross member holes a tiny bit, that's piss easy.

I'm waiting for a reply from AWR if they can ship them here to Australia.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

RX8SE3P wrote:Well I guess getting a probe one makes sense, since it's meant for a 2.5L engine and the MX-3 mounts are probably for 1.8L engines. If all I have to do is drill the cross member holes a tiny bit, that's piss easy.
well that logic is not exactly correct...you could drop a 1.8 in the probe and would still not be able to use an mx-3 rear mount

mx-3 or 2.5 probe front will work (I recommend probe front) just make sure you get an mx-3 rear, the probe rear WILL NOT FIT!
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

I think he was referring to the power output (bigger engine - stronger mounts) as opposed to the shape/fitment. Though yea be sure to order:
Probe front
Mx3 Rear
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog

Return to “New Product Development”