Brake light issues

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
tom_finn

Brake light issues

Post by tom_finn »

Alright, so the issue is my brake light. it will be off and then randomly come on and stay on. recently i found out that it will come on when i use the button to roll up my window (electrical) or turn on my fan. i then found that when i push in my clutch all the way the light would go out, and i could roll up my window again and it would do the same thing, so it wasnt a complete random problem. now today it came on and to get rid of it i pushed in my clutch, but this time it went out and when i released the clutch it came back on. i kept trying it on the way home down I-80 to omaha which was a 75 mile trip, but it kept coming back on when i released the clutch. i got it to stay off for about 5 seconds but then it came back on. i havent looked at anything since it started happening, but a little while ago i did a complete brake job on my car, i go to an auto tech school and we inspected it all and replaced everything that needed replacement. so everything is good, im guessing its an electrical issue, not a sensor that has gone bad. what do you guys think?
tom
asimpson719
antispam: No

Re: Brake light issues

Post by asimpson719 »

this is very awkward....

gonna look into this and see if i can help you out
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Mine has problems too.

If you ever manage to get to a stop and it stays one, pop the hood, open the resevoir cap, and poke the float in there and see what happens, because mine comes on and off with hard acceleration.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
tom_finn

Post by tom_finn »

alright, i will try that, it sounds very possible