Another disty question sorry

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Red Rocket

Another disty question sorry

Post by Red Rocket »

OK again my problem is code 4(cam position sensor), I say its the cam because mazda replaced the crank pos sensor after the disty went in. With out checking it out first, so I was a little pissed when it didnt work. So as stated in a previous post I bought a disty off of another member, which didnt work. Today I bought one from doms, wrecking yard, with a 60 day warranty so I have no problem returning it, they also have others that are "new", so saturday I'll be swapping all day till I find one that works. What I'm looking for is more info. The one on my car is a KF34, now mazda says I need a K834. The one I got today has an unknown aftermarket number on it, but the tag said it was for a 93 626 2.5L. The firing order stamped on the cover was different from mine but the same as the one I bought off of board member. I really dont wanna spend $900 on one from mazda. I know every one is gonna say hei mod, but I would prefer to try a good one first to see if this fixes my performance issues, mileage, and the 10 seconds of cranking it takes to start the car every time. It always starts and never fails. Mileage lol I get maybe 200km out of a full tank of premium.

The face of the disty's is different too, the new ones are flat, while the one on the car has a ridge on it and a small rubber piece.

My car is a 95, which apparently is making this harder cuz it could be either. The production date is 94 if that helps.

Any help will be great.
[*url=http:cardomain.com/ride/2632839]My Cardomain Page[/url*]
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: Another disty question sorry

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Holy s--- that's horrible fuel economy!
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Um I didn't think 95 used a crank position sensor. The wire order on the three wire plug may be different. I'll check my 95 against my 96 and get back to you. I can compare them with a 92 as well. It's important to get the right disty
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

And this, my friends, is why I love my OBDI RS. None of this wierd wiring/unique harness/unique disty/crappy disty/wierd/duplicate sensors crap-o-la.

Just thought I'd brag for a bit there. Sorry.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I'm assuming you're OBDI from that trouble code, so that KF34 disty doesn't even have a cam position sensor because it's meant for OBDII harnesses. The one you got should work fine, except the wire order on the 3-pin connector might be different. If the one you got from another member didn't even spark, that's probably the reason why. You need to compare the '94 and '93 disties and change your '93 to how the '94 is set up.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
Red Rocket

Post by Red Rocket »

On the disty itself, there is a key on the end of it, will it only fit in one way or do I need to take the cover off to see what way its firing.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

It fits in both ways, so find a way to know when the #1 cylinder is at TDC and align the disty so that the rotor faces the #1 position on the cap.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
Red Rocket

Post by Red Rocket »

I could only get it to fit one way, but thats besides the point. Which wires need to be changed on the 3 wire plug. Cuz I went to DOMS again this morning and they ordered me in another disty which had the same result, so now I've put in 3 and all have the same result. I'm gonna search for a while, but hopefully someone knows already. :evil: :evil: :evil:
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Fix your sig...it's driving me crazy.

Copy that ^^^ and remove the stars. At least then your sig will work.

As for your disty. You have the rare 95' OBD1 MX-3. Congratulations. Find the HEI FAQ thread and look at the wiring diagrams for the 94's. If you know what the wires in the 3 pin plug are for you can figure out if they're in the right place.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Red Rocket

Post by Red Rocket »

Tried to fix the sig, I still dont think it works, lol. NO recent pics anyway.

The plug has Blue, Red, Brown/blue stripe
Red Rocket

Post by Red Rocket »

Bringing this back to life, broke down and spent the 500 bucks and got the right disty for my car, starts right up, cel is gone, and seems to have more pep. We'll see how the milage goes

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”