Problem - Door Buzzer, Beeper, Warning Chime... Whatever

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Jutzi420

Problem - Door Buzzer, Beeper, Warning Chime... Whatever

Post by Jutzi420 »

Ok, wierd problem. Started immediately after I rebuilt my front brakes and put new pads all around. It better be a coincidence tho, I didn't touch any electrical in the process.

Well, here's the issue. It's annoying as hell. If the car's not running, either door is open, and I depress the brake pedal, the door chime beeps. And yesterday I plugged my celly into the usb port in my dash with the door open and the chime went off, the usb is wired in parallel with the interior light circuit. Now this morning I tried it again but the phone no longer sets it off, brake pedal does tho.

So.... wtf?
Motoxxx
antispam: No

Re: Problem - Door Buzzer, Beeper, Warning Chime... Whatever

Post by Motoxxx »

Ok, I dont exactly have a solution, but I just installed a stereo and when messing with those wires that chime would turn on and off- not sure why. Mine's all good but I also noticed when I was changing fuses (door closed, and key out of the ignition) it was going off intermittently again- Maybe check those two locations? I've only owned this car a week, still learning alot about her. Good luck bro-
thestig92

Post by thestig92 »

Hello,

Im new to the website and was just looking at all the forums and i thik i have an answer to this one as i have disconnected my warning buzzer. If you take the steering colum plastic cover off the is 2 wires connecting to the ignition if you take one of them out forgot which one it is the buzzer wont go off again except for if you leave the lights on. Just unsrew one of them its a little gold screw on my car. Just test which one it is by unscrewing the screw and turning on ignition and seeing if buzzer still goes off. Hope this helped worked for my car.
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

Thanks, I'll give that a shot later... might help narrow it down.
PilotSmack89

Post by PilotSmack89 »

Just make sure that the alarm still works when you leave the lights on...
-Blaze Red 92 MX-3 RS w/ Brembo rotors, Infinity Kappas 62.9i

"MA! THE MEATLOAF!!"

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”