kast 92 MX-3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kast2L

kast 92 MX-3 GS

Post by kast2L »

Alright so here is my baby, needs alot of work I know but any opinions or inputs are very much welcomed.

took off the front bumper cause i couldn't stand looking at it

some photos of the rear

Took the back seat out no one gonna be riding wit

pictures of the rear strut tower i put some stuff on it to stop the rusting and s--- also just got some Recaro seats from a EVO8 that I just put in but don't have pictures of yet. Gonna get a halo headlights wit HIDs. I got a bunch of stuff in my house that i haven't put on yet because i plan on doing a KLZE swap but im trying to find some steel rods instead of aluminum if anyone has suggetions because im getting 11.5.1 pistons to increase my hp : ) but i dont know what to over bore it to etc but when i get the camera back from wifey ill take some photos of the stuff i already bought for the klze
kast2L

Re: kast 92 MX-3 GS

Post by kast2L »

see a bunch of views but no responses *cries* but naw here are a few things I've picked up for the KLZE i just got. photos below

seat with cover

without it ugh...

new recaros out of a evo8

out with the old

in with the new

all the stuff to go into my car, rotors, brake pads, oil filter, fuel filter, ball joints, water pump, alternator, power steering pump, outter tie rod, bosch fusion spark plugs, and i think thats it for now.

royal purple oil (the royal purple filter is in the other photo)

Rest are just pictures of the motor

And my friend having a lil fun lol
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

any one have suggestions on interior panel replacements?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Junk yards and the FS section here are your best bets for interior stuff. My last MX-3 had been painted silver inside...poorly and I managed to replace everything out of my local yard for about $60. It took a little while though.

Good luck with your build.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I waited a year to get some minty interier pieces then sold the car cheap :( Point is be paitent. I want to see if a friend can do the cloth section on the door in carbon cloth. Thought that might be cool. Keep up the good work.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

wytbishop wrote:Junk yards and the FS section here are your best bets for interior stuff. My last MX-3 had been painted silver inside...poorly and I managed to replace everything out of my local yard for about $60. It took a little while though.

Good luck with your build.
See but the main issue is most of the junk yards don't have a Mx-3, i was lucky enough to find a gauge cluster for it. Also I took apart my KLZE but I didn't have my camera while we were doing it but ill post pictures of it afterwards. Bringing it to get hot tanked and all that good stuff, overbored etc. Plus the guy I bought it off of said it had a bent valve and that it didn't hit the piston, but sure enough once we opened it, it did, rods are good but pistons are done for (good thing im getting new ones). Also just got a fidanza short shifter and going to be getting new bushings for it from clubprotege. I'll show pictures of the messed up pistons when I get back over to the garage its in.
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

Alright after a long hiatus from my worklog here a few pictures of what it looks like now.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to take the oxygen/fade out of the CB hood please let me know and on how to fix up the alignment on the front bumper. Probably will just end up bringing it to a shop though.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”