[GI] ZX2 struts w/ GC Sleeves and mounts

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
onlytrueromeo

[GI] ZX2 struts w/ GC Sleeves and mounts

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Im putting on some zx2's w/ a softer spring setup (lowering springs) and if I like it enough, I may sell my ground control setup. I just did the fronts, and have already noticed a huge decrease in firmness...there is alot more roll than my 300#F coilovers...but there is also alot less harshness. The GC's rode great on the highway, but did not like bumps.

The only thing you'd need to purchase w/ this setup is the front bearings (I can take pictures if you want). I had my MX3 ones drilled out to fit the ZX2 struts, but you can buy new zx2 ones for a reasonable price ($30 I think? @ rockauto)

For this to be worthwhile to me, I would need to get ~$500USD+shipping. The whole package is 6 months old w/ ~8000 miles on them. GC's are $400, ZX2's are $200, mounts are 30-40 each. You will also need bumpstops + boots as they are now on my current setup.

Struts are in good shape, the springs already have some rust on them (just superficial...but I'm surprised none the less) and the mounts I got were from rockauto.

Let me know if you have questions.

Oh, when I ordered the springs, I got 300#F and 200#R...so I believe that's what they should be!
rekognize

Re: [GI] ZX2 struts w/ GC Sleeves and mounts

Post by rekognize »

dibs
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

rekognize wrote:dibs
damnit rek! quick bastard
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I am willing to part out, but would prefer not to! The ZX2's have been slightly modified to accept the GC's and this won't affect their use w/ any other springs, but I don't have the top hats for normal springs so you would need to use them off your old setup.

One benefit of getting the setup as a whole is that you would just need to swap things out and not transfer pieces from whatever is on your car now. You would have to buy new bearings, however.

Remember this is a GI only, I haven't decided yet if I want to sell them! I still hafta put the rear springs on. I know for a fact that the GC's are a performance improvement over h&r springs...the car feels much more planted w/ them (I was not running them slammed) and the body roll is greatly reduced. Just remember though, linear stiff springs = harsh ride! Big bumps were not fun :( (My endlinks were also old and I have OLD bushings so things may be better for you if you have newer parts!)
Towona

Post by Towona »

second dibs
Towona

Post by Towona »

Just wondering how long you think it will take you to decide?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

X2 on the harsh ride, I get messed up on the bumps as well. Decent price though. Rekognize has got the dibs though
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

They are not great on bumps, but they do make the car go around turns alot nicer. and its really what you need to slam your mx3. Rekonize always tells me to sell him mine. so ya he deserves the first dibs if the op sells them.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

The only reason I will sell them is because I need the funds to fund my drinking until I graduate in December :lol: If I choose not to sell them its because I either choose to not drink alot over the summer or because Ive found other means to fund myself! I really want an EDIS system to control the car, but dont have 2k to invest in it! I also think I'd rather keep regular springs on a car w.o. a roll cage, as the car has SO much body flex its ridic...you should all park you cars on inclines at different angles and watch what it does to it...the geometry gets seriously frelled/fraked up!

Woot Cinco de Mayo is lots of fun w/ Corona and Margarita (or Moregarita's as my friends dubbed!)...LOL I love being in college...even though I'm an old guy up here because I'm takin extra classes and doin a double major and am takin 5 years instead of 4!
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

mx3autozam wrote: Rekonize always tells me to sell him mine. so ya he deserves the first dibs if the op sells them.
...He tried to get me to sell mine also :mrgreen:
onlytrueromeo wrote: LOL I love being in college...!
...Ah, the good old days! My 5 year reunion from college is this year
:shrug:

Good luck on the sale!
:D
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

ya OP should sell em to me :mrgreen:
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

well he needs us to start funding his summer drinking habbits. So sell Rekonize the suspension and also what other good parts do you have?
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

lol these are the only suspension parts I have for sale, but I have 3 TB's I will be looking to sell, an extra curve neck manifold at some point, full 92 dash and other misc. pieces.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”