Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Race Car IP - 2013 in Review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
93vtecklr

Re: Mooneggs 1992 mx-3 gs "race car" IP

Post by 93vtecklr »

I want those eyelids! Me jealous!
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

do these:
fit over these :
If they do, please send me to Portugal :( i beg u ... or i will beat u up at PSN Home :freak:
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I bought the eyelids from EZ_4_Fun (he makes them)... you should PM him but I think he's very busy...

sooo look what came in the mail:

my entire stockpile of 94 GS 5 spoke rims :mrgreen: + the ones I have on the race car... now I just need some decent tires! I'm thinking about painting a set black hmmm
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

You hoarder!
You know for a fact that there's a guy not 30 minutes from you that NEEDS those rims!
I'll do your homework.
I'll wash your dishes for a year..
I'll

You name it :lol:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

lol jesse those rims were on ebay for like a year :shrug:

anyways got a bunch of stuff done this weekend since I was on vacation since thursday!

Installed:
new master and slave clutch cylinders
powerslot rotors
rear EBC greenstuff pads
front Hawk HPS Plus
Ate Racing Blue brake fluid
right rear SS brake line (finally after 2 years of procrastinating haha)

I replaced my battery tray from an RS... can you spot the difference between RS and GS?

I also used header wrap on my pacesetter headers...

I made sure that I broke in the brakes the correct way:

My Whiteline Rear Sway Bar arrived as well... I've got Wytbishop endlinks to install with this!

I also went to a dyno only to realize that my fuel pump was bad so I installed my Walbro 255 and it fixed the problem... here's the dyno with the bad pump... and the video

Next projects are:
install the pacesetter headers, hi-flow cat (to pass emissions) and a new muffler...
Coolant flush and pressure check
Replace ball joints
buy new tires and alignment
install whiteline rear sway bar + wytbishop endlinks
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

official dyno results are in! I compared the probinator to the kl36 and there was a significant difference. I ran them both with a wideband back to back and these were the results.

Probinator ECU: 141.4whp @ 4800 rpm, 162.5tq @ 3000 rpm

KL36 ECU: 136.1whp @ 4800 rpm, 148.8tq @ 4800 rpm

The Probinator ran almost a perfect a/f ratio at peak power and then maybe just a tad lean as it trailed off but I can bump up the fuel psi from 40 to 45 to accomodate that.
The KL36 ran stupid lean and alot of black smoke came out and you could hear detonation :?

Coming soon will be the installation of the pacesetter headers to see what kind of difference they make!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Sweet. Now we can have a race!
Okay, so you killed me at AutoX, and have a lower ET :shrug:
By the way, what do you mean, when you say the AFR was perfect? was it stoichiometric, or around 12.5:1?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

That is extremely interesting. I had been toying with the idea of finding a KL36 ECU, but I think I will stick with my Probinator. I guess I'm going to have to get a wideband O2 sensor and start tuning.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Fowljessie, Mooneggs has been lying to you for a performance advantage! :lol:
12.5:1 is dirty rich! 14.7:1 is stoichiometric for a gas engine. They put so much crap is modern gas it is really closer to 14.1:1 but for performance you should aim for around 13.6:1 to 13.8:1 :D Shame on you Mooneggs!
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

LOL the truth is I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT :confused2: ... but most people that know me like Jesse and Dana know this :freak: ... I was only quoting what the dyno guy was telling me... I don't know what number "perfect" was for him... I have alot more learning to do :roll:

he was excited so I was excited too :lol:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

soooo I got a nice big package from JAPAN today :mrgreen: 8)

It contained:

1 set of JDM AZ-3 full length side skirts
1 Mazdaspeed Eunos 30x front strut bar
1 set of Eunos Presso premium mats
1 set of rear mudguards

They did have to cut the side skirts in order to ship the package EMS but I believe I can find a plastic repairman to plasticweld them back together... I also have one more package arriving Monday that will have all my Japanese literature :D

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Awesomeness. Are the skirts plastic? They would be easy to put back together.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

they're plastic or some type of fiberglass... definately not polyurethane... you got skillz to put them together or know someone who can for the cheap? :welder:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I helped my uncle build a 27' Yacht from scratch, which involved a bit of Fiberglassing, and I'll brush up my skills when I make my hood soon.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

I hear you have to be awesome to own that strut bar...
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”