Local ZE swap help??

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
93vtecklr

Local ZE swap help??

Post by 93vtecklr »

Hello all, new to forums, but not new to the mx-3. My 3rd so far! My last attempt for a ze swap was at a fairly less than reputable shop here in red deer. I ended up abandoning the project. Now, I got a line from a friend on a minty ze, full harness and ecu!!! I was hoping to do the swap myself but i have intermittent knowledge at best. If anybody would be willing to spend a couple afts with me this summer swappin it out with me I would greatly appreciate it, I will buy all necessary tools, and booze!! I really want to get the ze in and running before the kelowna meet. Thanks.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
wytbishop

Re: Local ZE swap help??

Post by wytbishop »

I will be in RD in early June to help my friend with his 7M-GTE swap. If there's time I'd be happy to stop by and lend a hand.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Read through the posts from ramsens. He's asked every question possible and everthing you might want or need to know should be there. If you have a place to do it, an impact gun and an engine hoist your gold. Everything only goes in one way. Take pics before you pull your engine so you'll know how to route the harness after, take pics of the engine out of the car so you'll know how to route the vac lines on the engine itself. Everything else has been talked about to death. The actual swap is faily easy, I hadn't worked on cars for 25 years and I did it with minimal knuckle smashage.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
rece

Post by rece »

bring it to my house, and we can do it over a weekend. Start friday night end sunday night. i live in okotoks, but have all tools, a hoist, lots of space. if the engine is as good as you say, and there are no major issues getting the old one out, it should take even less time. old out 6-8 hours, new in 4-6 hours, fluids, testing etc 2-4 hours. let me know as I assume your engine is in calgary.
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Wow, talk about enthusiasts! I have to say that in a city run by hondas, i'd never expect to have this much help. Thanks guys!!
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

i'd be up for a cruise down to help out, as long as theres that nice cold beer waiting for me like you said lol
mine was fun, and did it with next to no knowledge about cars in general, and no power tools till about half way though :freak:
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

yup, rece (jessie) has a good set up and he has pulled his own engine enough times that hes almost as good at it as me ;)

if you get a complete jdm harness, ecu and motor you should be able to use the jdm disty with the external coil set up (if coil is included with the motor). and if you get a millenia ze with everything that would be super sweet cause we could use the MAF sensor that came on the millenias insted for the crappy VAF sensor that the mx3 uses.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

Hey buddy, Met you at the macs a couple times, i have the black skyline, shoot me a pm if u need that clutch..
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
rece

Post by rece »

So We going to do this? Kidding... let me know if you actually want to do the swap, and we will get it done.
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Update, the shop that I have commissioned in sourcing out my parts was robbed. Badly, broke into his compound and almost everything was gone. I'll let you guys know what the haps is. Thanks to all.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”