Hatch Glass 93/GS Calgary

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
gloriousinsanity

Hatch Glass 93/GS Calgary

Post by gloriousinsanity »

While in downtown Calgary this evening some degenerate decided to smash the back window out of my car. WOW I hate this city! Anyhow, I know that they are not producing the rear glass for the MX-3 anymore, however I was wondering if anyone in the Calgary area would have a line on either a glass piece, or a whole hatch section. I am going to check pick-n-pull tomorrow or Monday, however if anyone knows where to find one please message me back and let me know!

And btw, hope everyone's Easter weekend is going good.

G
Evo_Spec

Re: Hatch Glass 93/GS Calgary

Post by Evo_Spec »

your best bet is pick n pull, if i remember correctly there's 5 there right now, 2 by the back left corner (from entrance look back) and 3 in the middle area. one of the middle ones have bad 2 piece tint job and another has broken glass where the precidia sticker is supposed to be
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

They do in fact still make those glass pieces. The unfortunate part is, only Mazda makes them and they are going for around $800. This happened to me last year and I ended up going through insurance since my deductible for vandalism was only $250. The whole bill for glass, installation, tinting and detailing was around $1400
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

A1 Willys in red deer, riverside drive, they have like 3, all with whole hatch's
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Quite often wreckers will refuse to part the glass from the hatch.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

They don't actually make the glasses anymore... They just have them in the warehouse... not many left but they are a stupid price. Better off to get a whole hatch, paint it, and bolt it on for a mer $50-$100!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
gloriousinsanity

Managed to get things worked out with my insurance, and they are paying for install of new glass, which Mazda managed to find. Apparantly only 3-4 of those rear windows left in North America. Should be fixed by mid week. Which I am sorely waiting for. My wife's kia is definitely no mazda! G
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

how much did everything cost?
gloriousinsanity

860 for the glass alone, still no idea yet yet on install, plus insurance is paying for detailing because there is still a ton of glass. I'm happy for just having to pay the deductible though. For a change insurance actually worked on my side!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

maybe i should start collecting hatches and sell them in the future =P
chertel

Post by chertel »

I thought I had it bad when someone smashed my driver side window in the ikea parking lot. It cost me $230 for the window installed and $70 for tinting. Why would someone smash the back hatch glass, that sucks, I would cry because when my driver side window was smashed I was pissed. They didn't even steal much, just a couple bags of chips and a used game I bought at eb in southgate. I know how you feel though
later
chris
gloriousinsanity

The retarded thing is, nothing was stolen. Just smashed for the sake of of being smashed, which seriously pissed me off. Total damage was over $1200, but Insurance covered anything minus the deductible. Better than the whole shooting match, but still. Frigging retards having to go breaking other people's stuff.

K
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

wow.. so replacing the hatch window costs more than what the car is worth.. nice :/
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”