tiger japanese

Off-Topic Discussions
angrygumball316

tiger japanese

Post by angrygumball316 »

okay i don't get why they get such a bad rap, people know that the ones with the curve neck on their website are just mellenia motors so why not buy the straight neck and put your manifold on it , that's what i did, and that's what I'm going to do (i need a new motor) but what ever it just aggravates me . if people were smart enough , they would figure it out by now and just ugh it makes me mad, they are pretty cool guys ive talked to them several times and they will send you just bull crap parts if you ask them to. they're pretty good with me, but then again i like to think im not a moron :) thanks for reading my rant
angrygumball316

Re: tiger japanese

and for only 690 thats pretty good!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Oh yes very nice on the phone, very nice when you get there, total As*holes when you go to look at the engines. They hang over you saying, "here's a good one here's a good one" and their favouite move is to remove the oil cap saying "very clean good motor". Mean while their engines are bashed up with pullys broken and smashed alts and pumps. Then, now this is the good part, their mechanic minion pulls the trans off the motor I picked out, broke the corner off the block loads it into my truck and dosen't say a word. He breaks the engine and still loads it into my truck. I gave the engine a final look over and notice this, he plays dumb in front of the boss and they both say, "oh the engines ok, no problem". Bullsh*t I say and go to get my money back and they don't want to refund my money. I have to cough up $75 bucks so they can "restock" the piece of crap broken a*s motor. All their other engines were beat to sh*t so I wasn't interested in any of them.
So tell us once again how nice these guys are. Dishonest is my opinion. :evil:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
angrygumball316

alright, thats not so cool, but the experiences with them ive had are excellent
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

Daninski wrote:Oh yes very nice on the phone, very nice when you get there, total As*holes when you go to look at the engines. They hang over you saying, "here's a good one here's a good one" and their favouite move is to remove the oil cap saying "very clean good motor". Mean while their engines are bashed up with pullys broken and smashed alts and pumps. Then, now this is the good part, their mechanic minion pulls the trans off the motor I picked out, broke the corner off the block loads it into my truck and dosen't say a word. He breaks the engine and still loads it into my truck. I gave the engine a final look over and notice this, he plays dumb in front of the boss and they both say, "oh the engines ok, no problem". Bullsh*t I say and go to get my money back and they don't want to refund my money. I have to cough up $75 bucks so they can "restock" the piece of crap broken a*s motor. All their other engines were beat to sh*t so I wasn't interested in any of them.
So tell us once again how nice these guys are. Dishonest is my opinion. :evil:

i would have lost it and got violent.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Your right!

Why give them crap about telling people that the engine they are buying is not actually what they are buying.

Shame on you people for trusting a company SHAME!!!!

[end sarcasm]

What did they tell you if you cleaned up their name from the many times they've screwed people over they would give you a discount?
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
angrygumball316

no lol, theres just a certain way you have to manipulate things to work, know what i mean
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

We're over there dying to help the people in their home land and those Gengis Khan mo foo's are over here screwing us over. Did you see the one guy there, man he loks like Gengis Khan's son. :lol: So projectzemx3 after seeing him you'd probably rethink the violence thing. :lol:
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

In my opinion Tiger is the best importer in the toronto area. Never have I had a problem with them. They seem to be iregrant but they have alot of motors. Try going to other importers to find a straight neck motor. there is like 1 or 2 in the area. But tiger has tonnes and there are some clean ones. You gotta look through them. who cares that some pullies are broken. When they have like 200 kl's stacked up in one area of course some little stupid things are going to break.

I have helped friends get motors from there and there all running still. I got one there and it ran perfect but i hydrolocked it. Got one from them recently and it looks good. My brotehr got one for his PGT a few years ago and it had 2 broken valves that we never noticed untill we could not get it to run. We called them and they replaced the motor with no hassles.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

ditto me and mx3autozam here ^^ went there and had every single thing u could want... its more of a place u need to know what u want which u should or else ur just retarded anyway... stuff thats broken on engines is USUALLY the way it comes from being shipped.

we both went to like 5 importers in toronto and guess where they got their stock? TIGER JAPANESE!!! tiger supplies like all toronto area for engines and trannies.

i do gotta say the ppl are arrogant and careless. but they know there stuff REALLY good. they are not by any means dumb at all.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I don't think it cost anything to be honest. Instead of appologizing for their mechanic trying to stiff me they charged me a restocking fee. So I think buy beware is very much true when dealing with them. One thing I'd like to ask you fireromx3 or mx3autozam is at any time did you ask for a compression test and did they do one or did you just grab an engine and hope for the best?
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

that's the biggest load BS i've ever heard of. saying they're not a rip off if you know what you're talking about is like saying pep boys is on the level because they won't upsell you on crap you don't need if you're actually knowledgeable about cars. i can't count the number of times i've had to go down to shops like that for friends or family and tell the mechanic he's full of it.

with a reputable place, you shouldn't HAVE to know what you're talking about. they use their expertise to HELP you, not take advantage of you
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

just looked it over good and hoped for the best...

buyer beware? definitly true.

u shud still know what you are getting into anyway but yes if not careful tiger will take advantage of you.

imo its still THE best place to go for anything if u are not retarded
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

ninjajim4 wrote:that's the biggest load BS i've ever heard of. saying they're not a rip off if you know what you're talking about is like saying pep boys is on the level because they won't upsell you on crap you don't need if you're actually knowledgeable about cars. i can't count the number of times i've had to go down to shops like that for friends or family and tell the mechanic he's full of it.
with a reputable place, you shouldn't HAVE to know what you're talking about. they use their expertise to HELP you, not take advantage of you
I can appreciate what fieromx3 is saying about selection, still didn't answer my question about a compression test tho. I doubt they ever do compression tests. They have lots of ECUs as well but like ninjajim4 says "they should use their expertise to HELP you, not take advantage of you". Let them sort through their own sh*t and grade their engines, charge me more for a good one I don't care. If your paying to have it installed and then the engine turns out to be crap or even if you did it your self that's a lot of work only to find out you just wasted time and money. $800 is a good price I just wish they were a little more customer oriented.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

How about Ian, going there to get a ZE installed, they put in a DE, and they absolutely refused to acknowledged that it was and eventuallyl they did swap it out at his expense.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Off-Topic”