no spark klde swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdapr

no spark klde swap

Post by mazdapr »

i finish the swap on the protege but i have no spark. i check all my wiring. i also check all my grounds. just for some info the engine came out of a 96 626, ecu 94 626, wiring out of a 93 mx3. the motor cranks but no spark.
solo_ryder

Re: no spark klde swap

Post by solo_ryder »

Hmm, have you tried another disty? or a 93 ecu? There are differences in the 94 ecu and also the 94 disty that may cause issues. Look into that as the first major issue.

Also, test the wires for power, move the key to the ON position and use a test light to see if there is power going to the IGNITOR and the IGNITION wires of the disty. The ignitor is on the large plug IIRC and the ignition is on the smaller plug. They are the only two wires that will draw power then the key is in the ON position.
mazdapr

Post by mazdapr »

i check all my power and grounds. i got battery voltage on both plugs. so theres a different on the disty.

update yes there is a different on the disty from 96 and up, but what is the difference that is cause the no spark?????
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

are you trying to use a 96 disty? if so that is your problem. You need to acquire a 92-94 MX-3 disty or a 93-94 MX-6 or Probe or 626 disty.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
mazdapr

Post by mazdapr »

yea i got the 96 disty on it
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

yeah your gonna wanna get a 92-94 MX-3 V-6 disty or a Probe/Mx-6/626 93-94 V-6 Disty
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
mazdapr

Post by mazdapr »

alright i just order a new distributor. lets see what happens
mazdapr

Post by mazdapr »

new distributor came in. is install and now i got spark. but now i got no fuel. the motor starts as soon as you spray some starting fluid. i dont hear the relay next to the ecu clicking .
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

what vaf are u using JE50 or KL02? make sure there are no leaks in the IM and air intake. also make sure the wiring on the vaf is good and plugged in and make sure your fuel lines arent backwards (very common) and check fuel pressure
mazdapr

Post by mazdapr »

kl02 vaf. but does the vaf sensor control the fuel pump? cause if i feed power with a probe to the black and redwire at the fuel pump relay, the fuel pump starts working
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

When I installed my ZE I had the pressure and return lines backwards on the fuel rails. I jumpered the F/P and GRD pins in the data link and the pump would run, but the fuel would stop at the FPR. Because there was no pressure in the rail, the pump would not come on without the jumper. Once I corrected the fuel lines, and primed it with the jumper it fired right up.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
mazdapr

Post by mazdapr »

i found the problem. i just had a bad relay.. thanks for the info and help.
jakegaisser

Post by jakegaisser »

WHAT RELAY!!?!?!? please do tell. I have a KLZE, it ran great for about a year. then it sat for a few months, I went to start it and got no spark. I suspected the distributor so I did the HEI mod, but I still have no spark.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Glad to hear you got it started :)

(jakegaisser) --> A bad (fuel) relay will cause the fuel flow to malfunction. However, it sounds like you have a spark problem, not fuel. From what I remember, the HEI mod solves the ignitor problem but doesn't address coil failure. You would have to mod in the external coil for that. Do some searching on here for that, there's plenty of info.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”