KLZE vs KFZE ?????

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
Saku

KLZE vs KFZE ?????

Post by Saku »

i know there are a lot of things about klze and kfze... but i want to know what your direct option about them... what you think the best setup is for it.. whether it is a straight manfold or a curved round or squared etc... and what is the main direct difference and how to tell whether or not it is a true klze or kfze
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: KLZE vs KFZE ?????

Post by Custommx3 »

F A Q
S E A R C H
Saku

Post by Saku »

Custommx3 wrote:F A Q
S E A R C H
is that your opinion?
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

I belive it will be ALOT of ppls opinions if you do not use the FAQ and SEARCH areas.... :shrug:

And Barry is the site Admin... I think he can give any responce he likes....

Simple break down...

KLZE: 2.5L 200hp Most used swap drops in ready to go. KL31 stapmed on the heads is the best way to see if it's a true ZE.

KFZE: 2.0L 160HP?? Rare and not easy to get parts. Not sure the stamp on this one.

I did all that by using the FAQ section!!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Saku

Post by Saku »

colinsmx3 wrote:I belive it will be ALOT of ppls opinions if you do not use the FAQ and SEARCH areas.... :shrug:

And Barry is the site Admin... I think he can give any responce he likes....

Simple break down...

KLZE: 2.5L 200hp Most used swap drops in ready to go. KL31 stapmed on the heads is the best way to see if it's a true ZE.

KFZE: 2.0L 160HP?? Rare and not easy to get parts. Not sure the stamp on this one.

I did all that by using the FAQ section!!
i wasn't trying to diss or come off rude but like i just want to know peoples opinions on it and not faqs.... i want to know what peoples personal stories or peoples person feelings on the subject and how they would set it up
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

My opinion on the matter is simple...

Search

Because It has been covered Over and Over and Over and Over...

colinsmx3 wrote:
Kf's have a KF stamp on the block
Last edited by Mnemonic on March 27th, 2009, 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

a quick search of "kfze" with topics brought back this thread:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=46236" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Mooneggs on March 27th, 2009, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

kf's are only fun when you invest about 8k i think was the final number in mine :)
Last edited by Mnemonic on March 27th, 2009, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

My opinion is , dont even bother with it.

I have had bought a klde and turned out to be a kfze(got ripped off) but I kept it as most kfs have really LOW mileage. But its just like a pepped k8/de.

The kf and the ze do NOT compare at all.

If you already have it, good its reliable but not for performance. I would actually recommend for people replacing the k8 for another k8 and they want a low mileage engine, get a kf.. getting the ecu is the tricky part tho. Most people go de but most de have high milleage.

I would recommend using search tho as me, and alot of people have made NUMEROUS threads about this engine.

My opinion.. ITS NOT WORTH doing anything to the kf.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Saku

Post by Saku »

this is alot of information and confusing to take in when i am trying to pick a motor for my car
nlsolja123

Post by nlsolja123 »

I got The KFZE, i am using a manifold from a mazda millenia, the kf has round port heads but i used the gaskets as well as selant on them when mounting. I am also using the mazda millenia throttle body, ported the manifold and t/b with a dremal and about 5 hours of boredom.

I did the manifold and t/b because i planed on installing a millenia KLDE, then I found a deal on a KFZE for $175 u.s. they have another motor they tried to sell me both for 250 but i declined. The reason for the cheap price is the jdm imorted is mostly into nissans and hondas and such, they said they quit importing mazda motor about 3 yrs ago, so they have been sitting.. I live in GA if your close.

Ok so here's a brokedown listof my mods n motor
KFZE
Millenia ze ported manifold and throttlebody, also millenia klde fueling
kf distirbutor (same as klze) Blaster2 coil and hei mod.
Pacesetter headers
3' 1/2 inch diameter modified rx7 cold air intake
Underdrive pulley (i know most dont approve of this)
I just got my megasquirt, I got a set of kl01 cams but dont know if these are better than kfo1

I bought the car with a starting/running problem and even after the motor swap/megasquirt the issue is still there. So i plan on taking it to a dealer/certified mechanic soon, maybe the end of april
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Dont buy a KFZE.. trust me, and brian, and hector.
Saku

Post by Saku »

Custommx3 wrote:Dont buy a KFZE.. trust me, and brian, and hector.
i heard that with the klze that it might not pass emissions
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

If you get your ECU chipped, and keep your EGR, you should be fine with emissions. If you are that worried, you shouldn't change the motor in your car - you will need a bigger exhaust (well you should get one) which means new cat, headers, muffler and piping. Any motor you get will have its problems. Expect to pay $3000 to put a new engine in the car, all said and done. (You can spend less, but this is a good point to start at) You will want to change the clutch, fluids, spark plugs, etc etc. It adds up quickly.

Get a KLZE. More bang for your buck, more aftermarket support and more reliability. Or don't and do your own thing!
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Saku wrote:
Custommx3 wrote:Dont buy a KFZE.. trust me, and brian, and hector.
i heard that with the klze that it might not pass emissions

I don't know about where you live but here in Ontario you can ask to get your car tested under lower standards if you have a swapped motor. Mine passed with flying colours without EGR, running badly and without O2 sensors. And I've heard that a properly running ZE will pass emissions without EGR.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”