Halo Projector Headlights--Size problem..

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
alex

Re: Halo Projector Headlights--Size problem..

Post by alex »

What do i really think...
My cars bumper is in perfect condition.
Maybe ones crashed but that was before i even bought the car and the front bumper its new..
I do a LOT of handwork to my car and really dont think that i will had a problem fting 1 pair of headlights witch is 3 screws after all.
Those headlights are a bit smaller and that is the reason for the space they have.
To be honest i just wanna see alternatives solution!!!
When someone else got them during the install will notice this issue..
Really Rays headlights have that prob??
Can someone please give me a link to see them?? :D :D
Drive it like its stolen
http://www.mx-3club.gr
alex

Post by alex »

I finally finished the headlights... :D :D
I made a few changes to the robber.Basically i put it from inside to look thiner..
Just look at the results.
Its perfect... :D :D

And about the angel eyes..
The lamps that gave light to the AE was the blue to the left of the pic.
I changed it with a high brightness LED , the right one in the pic.
It has 14 lights for the AE in both headlights, 7 in each headlight.

The 2 circled ones have not been changed yet just to saw to u the difference.
Its huge..
Sorry for the quality its from my cell phone.. :roll: :roll:

If u have any questions fell free to ask. :wink: :wink:
Drive it like its stolen
ZoGeN

Post by ZoGeN »

Thats nice that you could change the lights to the Ae.. i have the same size issue with the gap at the bottom. and i did like you with a list.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

just FYI to all, my car's back from the shop.. mine's a better fit due to having aftermarket bumper, plus professional fitting, since i needed new fenders and bumper, but this is definitely not an OEM fit. i'll put up pics to show

while i definitely prefer these to the GB lights, due the fitment issues it's hard to recommend these. if i'd known in advance, i think i'd have stayed away from them.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Yeah, the spyder ones are a little smaller too. As you adjust the beam you can get it close, but your still have somewhat of a gap... Still for the light output, it is worth it IMO!!!
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

looks really good in chrome, i didnt think they would til now... thumbs up bud!! look like they fit snug in there
[What can you say, I have a fetish for 3's]
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
RyansMX3

Post by RyansMX3 »

Hey Alex , Really need to know what site, and or where you got the cluster led' they are sick!!!! was totally dissapointed with the blue lamps. pffff 5 watts what the hell!!!!!!!!!! If you don't mind also giving me the specs, like wattage , style , colour, heck maybe eeven the serial number. Maybe I am asking too much but it would all help so much. Thanks in advance.
1992 GS, Full body Kit Costum shaved, Crazy Stereo, 17" rims, Insane shaved hood!!!!!!! Too much Too list!!
alex

Post by alex »

RyansMX3 wrote:Hey Alex , Really need to know what site, and or where you got the cluster led' they are sick!!!! was totally dissapointed with the blue lamps. pffff 5 watts what the hell!!!!!!!!!! If you don't mind also giving me the specs, like wattage , style , colour, heck maybe eeven the serial number. Maybe I am asking too much but it would all help so much. Thanks in advance.

Hi Ryan!I bought them through e-bay.
I made a new search to the same item.
So if u want the same leds, copy this ''L-1050 2 PCS T10 WEDGE BULB 1W HIGH POWER HID WHITE LED'' and paste it to the ebay search bar or this ''110362525288''
nuber witch is the items number of the same item.
both of the will redirect u to the item.
U have the same projector headlights with me?
Do u have the same gaps??
Does anyone know if the other ones , with the 3 led in a row, leaves gaps....?
Plase tell me i need to know...
Drive it like its stolen
RyansMX3

Post by RyansMX3 »

Thanks for the info, Ya i have the same ones as you. I did not have the gap issue but i have an aftermarket skirt kit and a custom hood, didn't fit perfect but i fabbed up something to lift my skirt kit bout 1/4 to 1/2 inch to make them really snug!! One other question did you replace or pull out the three little led's on the sides? Cause i bet you either had to pull the lense off or cut the back of the housing....... When i recieved my lights they made a bad solder on one of the mini boards for the LED's and I had to cut the back of ther housing to get at the lights!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( But Ah! they look awesome now!!!!!!!! I t just looks like the three verticle lights are the same as your AE. If so did you just take the circuit boards out and throw an extra "1050 2 PCS T10 WEDGE BULB 1W HIGH POWER HID WHITE LED'' in there?
1992 GS, Full body Kit Costum shaved, Crazy Stereo, 17" rims, Insane shaved hood!!!!!!! Too much Too list!!
alex

Post by alex »

Iam happt to help u bro!!
Basically i didnt did nothing to the led on the side.
I left them the way they are.
The leds for the Ae are much brighter but not like the ones on the other projectors(the GB ones).
Drive it like its stolen
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

How did you get the 194 bulbs out?? You said there is 7 on each side?? I still can't see where you pulled them out of...
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
RyansMX3

Post by RyansMX3 »

Well for the 194 bulbs just pull on the wire leads going to each rubber part that inserts into the light. Be carefull but just pull them out, the only thing holding them in is a little bit of silicone. The rubber 194 socket and the leads will pop right out. As for the three led's on the side you either have to cut the back of the housing, or take the lense off to get at them, so hopefully yours last a long time. If you need some info on how to get at the led's "the vertical ones" just PM me.... It actually wasn't that bad. Just pissed that they sent them without one working!
SstennizZ

Post by SstennizZ »

Hey Alex, I have the same problem with the units and some of my friends have it too. Can you show me a picture of the rubber you used to fill the gap?
Remco-

Post by Remco- »

You fixed the gap between the headlights/bumper very nicely Alex. I also am in need for this rubber, because I have the exact same problem... I'm not sure where to buy this though. Do you have any specification / name of that rubber? Would be very much appreciated. We had a group-buy in the Netherlands for these headlights and about 25 MX-3 users participated and are going to need it, lol.
alex

Post by alex »

SstennizZ wrote:Hey Alex, I have the same problem with the units and some of my friends have it too. Can you show me a picture of the rubber you used to fill the gap?

Hey there!First of all u got to know that the robber was not something specified but a single robber that i bought from a shop that sells
robbers for any part of a car.
The one i used to was for window but i dont know from what car.
It dosent matter for what it was but for what are u gonna used to.
U need a little less than 45 cm per unit anf a very strong and fast-drying glue.
If u decided to do it like this u have to completely remove the headlight and put the robber on the bumper.
Be VERY careful with the glue because it can destroy your bumpers color very easily..
In the photo below the circled one is the side of the robber that will ''fit in'' the bumper and the fender.
For any questions fell free to ask.

Drive it like its stolen

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”