aiming the headlight

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
madmdx

aiming the headlight

Post by madmdx »

hey everyone
I had a look at the manual for aiming the headlights, except i dont really get what the hell its showing me lol
i pulled out the little strip like the manual says, and it says to push something (not really sure what that is) and then to turn the aiming screws.

Tried doing that, dont know if im "pushing" the right thing or turning the right screws (im pretty sure im turning the right screws though)
is there something else i need to do? and does anyone have a picture or something of the thing the manual says to "push" while turning the screws?

my headlights are really badly aimed after i got in an accident so i really need to fix this!
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Re: aiming the headlight

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

theres two screws per headlight one on each side of where the bulb is inserted. The outter one on each derects the beam left to right(horizontilly) and the inner one directs the beam up and down(vertically). Sometimes the gears that rotate to make them move get stripped in that case you really can't do too much aiming.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: aiming the headlight

Post by Mooneggs »

RaspMetalicMX3SE wrote:Sometimes the gears that rotate to make them move get stripped in that case you really can't do too much aiming.
I haven't used USDM headlights in a while but you should be able to remove the adjusters with the stripped gears, then you should be able to turn the gear underneath with a wrench or vicegrip

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”