nsklzemx3 - 1993 MX-3 GS ***LONG MAY YOU RUN***

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
nsklzemx3

Re: nsklzemx3 - 1993 MX-3 GS

Post by nsklzemx3 »

yeah i remember reading about that back when i first joined the forum. its a great idea, but i was worried about having some flex to the run and that gives me just a bit more, plus, it already had the nipple for the vc vac tube. the transition is pretty smooth too because the crinkles are pulled over the maf leaving just a tapered cone.
but thanks for the thought...i might even mess with "covering" the flex with a split cup, seam down!
'93 MX3
A work in Progress
CURENT UPGRADES: Curved Neck KLZE/Option Import Headers/2.5" Exhaust/Valeo OEM Clutch/Yonaka Motorsports Gaskets & Silicone Tubing/Option Racing CAI/MBX Probe Addiction Wires/Fidanza Flywheel

My Aloha 8.2: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/1981aloha27/Aloha 8.2
Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

nsklzemx3 wrote:
Mooneggs wrote:so you are running a kl02 vaf? what is the ecu you were using that you were happy with??
Damned if I can remember for sure, but I think it was KL07?
CORRECTION

I pulled the kick-panel off and found the number on the ECU. Here's what I'm running:

ECU - KL01 (KL01D)
MAF - KL02
TB - KL68

I too am waiting for a chipped ECU from Ryan
'93 MX3
A work in Progress
CURENT UPGRADES: Curved Neck KLZE/Option Import Headers/2.5" Exhaust/Valeo OEM Clutch/Yonaka Motorsports Gaskets & Silicone Tubing/Option Racing CAI/MBX Probe Addiction Wires/Fidanza Flywheel

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

Still don't have the chipped ECU but I've already killed so many Hondas and Acuras... this was all worth it lol
'93 MX3
A work in Progress

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I might have to give this setup a shot... I've always run a kl36 + je50 but I've always felt like I could have more power :?
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

I'm still waiting on my chip :roll:
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

Yeah I'm still waiting on my chipped ECU as well. Has anyone here dealt with Ryan (probinator) before? Just wondering how smoothly your transaction went.
'93 MX3
A work in Progress

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
maryus

Post by maryus »

I got the chip like 3 days ago from him, i ordered in 29 June , so i think it was ok . Anyway its the same deal cause i dont have the right k8 ECu , looks like nobody want's to sell the k8 ecu that can be chipped , i have a feeling it comes from the 93 models .. .sigh ,anyway ..
'92 Black Mazda Mx-3 - kl-ze
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

still waiting for a chip from probinator. i sent them an ecu in the spring which never made it back to me. probinator refunded a portion of my money to help offset the cost of the ecu and said a new chip was on the way but i'd have to locate an ecu because he couldn't.. that was two months ago!!
i'm not going to pass judgment on ryan at probinator yet. it could have been a series of unfortunate coincidences, but it really pisses me off that i spent all summer waiting for it and now its almost time to put it all away for winter.
i'm still in need of a stock ecu to put the chip in if/when it arrives.
'93 MX3
A work in Progress

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

maryus wrote:I got the chip like 3 days ago from him, i ordered in 29 June , so i think it was ok . Anyway its the same deal cause i dont have the right k8 ECu , looks like nobody want's to sell the k8 ecu that can be chipped , i have a feeling it comes from the 93 models .. .sigh ,anyway ..
my stock ecu is a '93 and it has the wrong EPROM so it can't be chipped.
'93 MX3
A work in Progress

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
maryus

Post by maryus »

i burned my ecu , on the eprom i've had the right code ... but i just did something wrong , soldering or smthing ,,,,,

best way :

1. Buy a KL-36 ECU and you're good
2.Send ECU to Ryan ..

3. Try doing it yourself so you can burn it easily :)

take care guys. (still run in k8 ECU , and a crappy clutch ) , car works just fine. but the exhaust pipe ,,, is all black !! very very black inside!
'92 Black Mazda Mx-3 - kl-ze
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

maryus wrote:i burned my ecu , on the eprom i've had the right code ... but i just did something wrong , soldering or smthing ,,,,,

best way :

1. Buy a KL-36 ECU and you're good
2.Send ECU to Ryan ..

3. Try doing it yourself so you can burn it easily :)

take care guys. (still run in k8 ECU , and a crappy clutch ) , car works just fine. but the exhaust pipe ,,, is all black !! very very black inside!
Yeah I did steps one and two that you suggested. I lost my ECU and the chip. Ryan refunded $40 and sent me a new chip but I'm still out an ECU and haven't been able to find one. It all really sucks seeing as how I had the car ready to go last spring and still don't have a comp for it. If anyone is attempting a swap, I strongly suggest finding a chippable ECU be one of your very first steps.

As for the blackness in your exhaust....you are running WAAAYY too rich, and NOT working as "fine" as you think!
'93 MX3
A work in Progress

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Nice detail work! great swap.

One thing though. "BTW....STAY AWAY FROM THE HID CONVERSION KIT ON EBAY! (japanimportshop)
The kit they claim is simple plug-and-play conversion is actually just low beam headlights. No high beams and no dtr lights. Your car wont even be legal with their "kit" unless you pay another $135.00 on top of the $99 the "starter kit" cost with shipping. I'll lose almost a hundred bucks even if I return everything.THEY ARE RUNNING A SCAM!!!".

None of the HID retrofit kits are legal. (In Canada) I sell them at my work. The cheap kits have no high beam at all. The mid priced kits have an H.I.D low beam and a small conventional halogen bulb for the day time running light / high beam. The high end kits have a solenoid in them that changes the angle of the beam. When you have H.I.D you really don't need high beams, and since none of the kits are D.O.T approved it really does not matter which illegal kit you buy :D How can you sell something illegal for road use you ask??? Easy! The winning slogan often used in the automotive aftermarket (in the fine print) "For show car and off road vehicles only". :lol:
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

Believe it or not I am still struggling top find a "chipable" ECU. I have a chip already burned by Ryan at Probinator but I have yet to identify an ECU with the right EEPROM code. I am in the market if anyone has a spare.

UPDATE: Blew my diff!
Tranny swap set for sometime over the next few weeks. I'll be taking out the stock MX3 tranny and replace it with a Probe tranny that came with my KLZE.
'93 MX3
A work in Progress

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

how'd you end up blowing the diff in it??
what do you think went wrong?
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

SmoothMX3 wrote:how'd you end up blowing the diff in it??
what do you think went wrong?
I wish I knew.
There's a very slight chance it's the intermediate shaft, but until I get a better look I'm planning on the worst.
I picked up a bad vibration (almost a grinding) under acceleration last fall, and a friend at Mazda thinks it's likely the differential.
A few more weeks of warming up and I'll look deeper into it. Damn...I hope it is just a shaft!
'93 MX3
A work in Progress

Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”