Weird switch under left side of dashboard? (pics inside)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: Weird switch under left side of dashboard? (pics inside)

Post by Mnemonic »

Whisper wrote:Actually it relieves the pressure from the blinker fluid reservoir, and also orders hookers and blow.

I had the hookers and blow switch installed on my lexus, but unfortunately it burned out within the first hour...

Bow chicka bow wow
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Mnemonic wrote:
Whisper wrote:Actually it relieves the pressure from the blinker fluid reservoir, and also orders hookers and blow.

I had the hookers and blow switch installed on my lexus, but unfortunately it burned out within the first hour...

Bow chicka bow wow
Lmaooooooo you guys are jokers! :lol:
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Savin

Post by Savin »

Custommx3 wrote:Does it have an alarm? It may be the switch for the valet mode.
I second that. My car had the EXACT same switch. It was to an old alarm. All it was good for was running my battery dead. It did the little clicky thing too. If you look, you might find a little black module box thing...that's where the clicking would be coming from.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
95Mx3GS

Post by 95Mx3GS »

Wow, thanks, I guess it could be from an old alarm. How do I know which position of the switch will not drain my battery?
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

We're all guessing... The only way to know will be to follow the wires, and that may mean taking your dash apart or some guesstimations to where the wires are going. Do you see loose wires under your hood that look similar to those attached to the switch?

For all I know the hookers and blow switch may be the best guess.

If you don't want it to drain the battery, disconnect a wire from the back of the switch and wrap electrical tape around both connections, but if this is for a cooling fan or something important, you might run into trouble doing that.
Cody
Savin

Post by Savin »

Um, I guess in the position that it doesn't make the clicky noise? I'm honestly not sure. Mine would drain it without me knowing. I'd close the door, and it would "trip" the nonexistent alarm and the thing would click all night. If you can find where the module is, then you can undo it. It should only be spliced into a few wires.

I say if its not causing any harm, let it be. If you don't feel like messing with wiring and your battery dies(due to the clicking), you could just disconnect the negative battery cable. :shrug:

In response to tehbrookzorz, if it is what I think it is, then pulling one of the wires won't help. It'll just make the damn thing keep clicking. If you just simply unplug the module, your car won't start either. I've done both. :oops:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Yeah, I just realized that IF its alarm related, it might be wired not to be tampered with... *shrugs*
Cody
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

And if the alarm is triggered, the fun part is trying to figure out if you don't cut the red wire or the blue wire.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

or it could just be the mechinism to controll the rotor splint.. / Do yourself the favor and trace the wires back cuz I did something simliar to this when I wired up my amp to my factory radio being it had no remote wire and the clicking you're hearing could be a bear wire arching onto something.. Trust me NOT A GOOD THING
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Mr.mx-3 wrote:bear wire
Made from real bears!
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

yea man!! :lol: be careful they don't come out from under there and chew you up like a big juicy steak!! Wiseass ( I like'm already) :lol:
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
AndreaH

Post by AndreaH »

I had a kill switch just like that in my car when I was younger... it went straight to the power supply to my amp so that when the authorities caught up with me I could knock it out, turn the radio up, and no boom boom ;)

Can't presume how they ran this one, but mine was attached to a monster cable that ran pretty much parallel to the hood release cable out to the battery.

And if you left it on, you would definitely kill the battery.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”