Anyone have a spare k8 ecu?

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
JNeil

Anyone have a spare k8 ecu?

Post by JNeil »

Hey guys, I'm not sure exactly which ecu im looking for but I'm having electrical problems and a few of them point towards the computer so im looking for a new one...

My car is a 93 v6 5 spd , completely stock...

If anyone has an extra one laying around from a swap or something let me know via pm.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie
solo_ryder

Re: Anyone have a spare k8 ecu?

Post by solo_ryder »

You need a K801 ecu. I am probably not in your area or I'd help as I have a ECU that I kinda have sitting in my car. What issue are you having?
klmx08

Post by klmx08 »

i still have mine from my swap but i live in america and im not sure but i think you have to use a canadian one but if you find out you can use one from the us let me know i will give it to you for 50 bucks plus shipping its a k801 from a 5 speed
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

The only difference is maybe the DRL pinout. If you wanna buy my ecu I have it here, 50 bones shipped, should be there in 2-3 days since I am in Vernon
JNeil

Post by JNeil »

Well, the car idles really low like 200-400rpm's and bounces up and down between the two it is not steady. Sometimes it also does not start, it turns over fine but will not start. I will leave the car for 5 minutes after trying to start it and it starts fine.

I did the HEI mod with external coil, it didnt help. I then replaced the disty and whole air cleaner assembly box and the piping going to it, valve cover gaskets were just replaced it leaks no fluids. I dont know where to start because people seem to be ignoring my v6 technical forum posts, so I figured maybe the ECU was a good place to start.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I am going to do a little more research before I buy anything but I will pm you guys if I decide that the ECU is a good purchase.
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

pm me if ya want a v6 ecu out of a 92 mazda mx3 for $30 shipped.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold