Megasquirt Help

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
mx3boyze

Megasquirt Help

Post by mx3boyze »

Alright, Here it goes. I had MS running perfect, bump the key and it would fire right up. I have a MS1 2.2pcb built by Brandon/Rebel2k4. I drove around alittle bit today, parked it, and now it does nothing but crank. All the fuses are good, and nothing has changed. I checked all the wiring as I had a plug n play harness built by Brandon as well and it worked fine untill tonight when I went to start the car. The fuel pump doesnt kick on when you turn the key, but the middle led stays lit once I turn the key to on and of course it doesnt connect to Megatune. Any Ideas? I havent messed with anything on the car except the AFPR I was installing, but that would have no effect on the MS whatsoever.

Oh and it runs on the stock ECU. Please Help.
se7en

Re: Megasquirt Help

Post by se7en »

hmm....sounds a bit like you need to have someone look at the msns box, as you may have inadvertently shorted something out while installing the Afpr...

Also, msg rebel2k4 to see if you are running the vb921 module, as those can go bad sometimes randomly...

other than that, I would have to be there to trouble shoot more :(

Sorry to hear that bro.
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
mx3boyze

Post by mx3boyze »

I mailed it out to him via priority mail this morning, So we will see what hefinds wrong with it. Not sure how I could have shorted anything out though.
mx3boyze

Post by mx3boyze »

Had a bad processor chip, Just a bit of my bad luck showing up again.
mazdasly75

Post by mazdasly75 »

watch for your ground connections...

I've installed over 40 of those and everytime I had problem was ground relating... bad ground will occur reset that can damage the processor..
1996 MX3, KL, stock internal, T3T4, 10psi, tial wastegate and blow off, 450cc injectors, 255lph, 3" mandrel bend exaust, 67mmTB, megasquirt II, launch control/flat shift, boost controler, 4bars MAP 16x16 built in, 300whp
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I ran the MS ground to the inside of the firewall, and then ran an extra ground wire all the way out to my "Daisy Chain" ground system around my engine. I don't know much about electronics so I go overkill on my grounds. If there were a lightning storm, I'm sure my car would get blown up :lol:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mx3boyze

Post by mx3boyze »

Well the chip blew out again, it ran the day before but the next day i went out, Nothing changed mind you, and it wouldnt connect or anything, I tried reflashing the chip and it wouldnt flash so I ordered another chip, I am going to run a seperate ground and power for the Megasquirt, Where would be a good place to get it from so it has power during cranking and the on position but somewhere seperate so I know the connections are good and not shorting out anywhere?
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

mazdasly75 wrote:watch for your ground connections...

I've installed over 40 of those and everytime I had problem was ground relating... bad ground will occur reset that can damage the processor..
I think this is exactly why mine keeps resetting. Are there any frequently problematic areas which cause the bad grounds?
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”