idle problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
96mx-3

idle problem

Post by 96mx-3 »

i have this wierd idle when i really beat on the car... ( redline and drive it hard ) ... but i dont have an issue when i just drive normally.... what happens is ..the idle will bounce from 700 to 12000 over and over i have adjusted the TPS and it is now screwd in all the way lol .... i also did a search but nothing helped
colinsmx3

Re: idle problem

Post by colinsmx3 »

I have an idea.... stop redlining it!! :shrug:
So it's surging from 700 to 1200 you mean bouncing up and down repeatedly??
Sounds like your IAC is F'ed... mine did the same thing.. went to the junkers got a new one and worked fine!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

who builds an engine to drive it like a women...
thats what i thought b4 but it stopped for a long time .. untill i fixed the vaccume leak on my VRIS now its back..
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

hmm don't know...
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MX-3 Newbie

Post by MX-3 Newbie »

I have The same problem right now. My RPM's keep going from 1000 to 1500 RPM. It keeps jumping up and down. It only started after I installed The cold air intake on the car. I followed Hoody'z instruction place on here to install it.

sorry for my stupidity but What is an IAC????

I read it may be my Mass Air Flow sensor being dirty thats causing the jumps in the idle, so i'll try cleaning that tomorrow.
MX-3 Newbie

Post by MX-3 Newbie »

I Went to A Bensons Autoparts Store and purchased some Air Intake Cleaner. I took apart my Cold Air intake and sprayed a good amount into my throttle Body and a fair amount into my Mass airflow sensor. You have to wait a while before starting the car as it has to Evaporate. But so far so Good. It's idling fine. I Have an hour drive to work today so i'll see how well it holds up and lasts. i'll reply back tomorrow letting you know if it is still idling fine.
MX-3 Newbie

Post by MX-3 Newbie »

So two days have past and the car is still idling fine. Looks like the intake and sensor were dirty. Just needed a good cleaning. Hope this fixes your problem as well.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”