Megasquirt PnP harness

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
Micv

Megasquirt PnP harness

Post by Micv »

Hi, i bought a standard megasquirt unit from the last probetalk bulk buy. I haven't recieved it yet, but i'm planning the installation. I've heard that there is a mx-3.com member that makes a PnP harnes for the mx-3. Does this work with this unit, and how is it PnP ? Is it possible to quickly shift back to the standard ECU ?

Else i'll just have to use my new soldering iron :)
mx3boyze

Re: Megasquirt PnP harness

Post by mx3boyze »

Rebel2k4, $100 shipped for a plug n play harness but he will need your MS to be able to build the harness.
Micv

Post by Micv »

Okay, but how does it work/plug in ?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

You ned to go through the intiation of reading the MegaManual! It's like hazing for the brain. Even if you had everything setup for you to plug and play, you'd miss alot of important information that will help you tune your MS, if you don't read it.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Micv

Post by Micv »

fowljesse wrote:You ned to go through the intiation of reading the MegaManual! It's like hazing for the brain. Even if you had everything setup for you to plug and play, you'd miss alot of important information that will help you tune your MS, if you don't read it.
That's not the problem. I'm totaly aware of the megamanual and have been studying, and will be studying more before install :) But i just remembered about the PnP harness and would like to hear what it actually is. I have a feeling it replaces the stock ecu and doesn't piggy back as "normal". Is this correct ?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Oh, my bad :wink:
I don't know anything about the harness.
Wiring mine in wasn't bad at all, and I seriously HATE doing stuff like that.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Micv

Post by Micv »

fowljesse wrote:Oh, my bad :wink:
I don't know anything about the harness.
Wiring mine in wasn't bad at all, and I seriously HATE doing stuff like that.
:) Okay.
I agree the wiring doesn't look like it's a big job, and it's probably the route i'm going to i'm just curious :D
mx3boyze

Post by mx3boyze »

Yeah the harness is basicly the plugs from inside an ecu wired for what the MS needs, So it does replace the ECU and you would need to run fuel and spark from the MS with the PnP harness.
blackknight

Post by blackknight »

Does anyone know if he is still on the boards and if he still does the pnp harness????
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

There is also an ebay auction someone posted on here a month or so ago for a company that does plug and ply MS setups. It seemed like the sort of thing where they have a few cars already worked out and they are working on getting others sorted out as the go.

If someone went to them with a ZE MX-3 and they were to come up with a working system I’m sure several of us would become very interested very quickly.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”