SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
SmoothMX3

Re: SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

Post by SmoothMX3 »

I have'nt updated this in awhile. I'm finally getting back on track. A few things ended up getting set back and I've changed my mind on acouple things. This coming up weekend, I will be sending money for my GS front lip. I'll probally be paying for some springs this weekend, I think. If I don't get any springs right now, I'm gonna go ahead and have my rims blasted, and I'll be painting them bronze/gold. I can tell my struts are blown, So... I'm not gonna be messing with any springs until I get some new struts. I may get KYB's... I don't really know what I'm gonna do in that department, maybe go with a oem strut. In between all this time I'm going to go ahead and get little things I need like brakes, cv axles, clutch...
I need new brakes and my cv axles are clicking. My clutch let's out at the very top, so I'm guessing I need to get a new clutch. I keep putting the ZE off. I want to save for a ZE, But I keep having to spend money on other things. I'm not a very good saver, if you have'nt noticed. My sunroof switch messed up awhile back and stopped working. Mr. Moon was nice enough to help me with that situation. He sent me a sunroof/light assembly. I got it today in the mail, I put the lights and lens peice in and stuck it back in the hole. Yay!, I get to use my sunroof now. (excited)

In the next few week's, I'll start throwing some pics up for you guys.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Well guys... I won't be getting my drop anytime soon, nor will I be getting a KLZE.
That's the bad news, heres the good news.
I will be buying my GS front lip this coming friday. I will also have allmost all the money saved for a 95 millenia motor. A week after this comin up friday, I may have all the money I need to get the motor. I won't be able to install it right away cause I'm gonna go ahead and get a flywheel, header, and clutch. our exhaust manny doesnt bolt to the millenia does it?
Soo... thats all for right now.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Remember to update this page when you get the ZE in!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Yes definatly!
Didn't start on it today because my brother is at work and hasnt moved the car to the front of the yard. It's freakin cold out there too. If this goes on until next week. It will be fine.

Anyways... I can update you guys on one thing. I took my rims to get sandblasted yesterday. I'm gonna paint them myself though.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Welp boys... & girls! - They are finally DONE!
WOOT WOOT!

GLOSS BLACK FTW!
Stealth Mode!

These pictures don't even come close to showing how glossy these rims really are. I complained about the price before when I was going to get them done. Even though I ended up getting them done for an awesome price, now that I see how they came out, I would have gladly paid that amount they wanted at first. I recommend this to ANYONE... It's definatly worth it. No flaws at all. Super smooth, and glossy as ^&*@!!

Let me know what you guys think!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Baller, but where is the gold :P

Anyways, car is gonna be sweet man, keep up the decent work man. No half assed s---! I bet you feel good you got them powdercoated!
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I have had bad experiences with powder coating, but yours turned out good. Both sets i had done at 2 different places, atleast one rim cracked. On my protege rims 3 of 4 cracked! Guess I should keep looking for a good powdercoater. Awesome job!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

solo_ryder wrote:Baller, but where is the gold :P

Anyways, car is gonna be sweet man, keep up the decent work man. No half assed s---! I bet you feel good you got them powdercoated!
I know we were set to gold Solo, but the guy told me it was just a redueced gloss finish. I was wanting a high gloss finish. We talked for a bit and he told me the black with high gloss finish would look sweet and stealthy. So, Thats what I went with. No half assing bro, getting it done like it needs to be now. I'm loving the way the rims look... they are sex!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

93SOHC wrote:I have had bad experiences with powder coating, but yours turned out good. Both sets i had done at 2 different places, atleast one rim cracked. On my protege rims 3 of 4 cracked! Guess I should keep looking for a good powdercoater. Awesome job!
No bad experience here bro. I have nothing but good to say about this guy I'm using. He's a younger guy like me, but he knows what he's doing. The rims came out glossier then what I expected and I was crazy excited. It's nice knowing my trashed and ugly rims are now perfect.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Small Update:

My lil Brother came over to the house today. We worked on the mx-6 for about 2 hours. We've been having some trouble getting the drivers lower ball joint off. Tomorrow we will get that taken care of and finish the last couple of things that need to be done... (which is the exhaust and shift linkage) then it'll be time to pull the ZE out and sit it in the garage to be cleaned up. I'm going to give it a good cleaning and I'm thinking about getting the VC's powdercoated. I've already paid for a ZE curved neck manifold. So it should be coming shortly. Once it gets here, I may have it powdercoated as well. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and update you guys on the progress.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Very small update:
Worked on the car some more today. We didn't start till late, so I couldn't get any pics. But... the ze is ready to be pulled tomorrow. I am gonna rent a hoist or barrow from a friend if I can. But, it's ready to come out right now!!!

Almost there guys... one more motor to pull, then slappin her in there.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:) Sweet.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Update:

Yesterday, We didn't have much time to work again. Remember, We've only spent about 4-5 hours total on this project, so far. We've pulled the ZE from the MX-6. The ZE is in my garage but I'm alittle troubled. There are wires everywhere etc...
Some of it's kinda confusing. I'm scared there might be something missing on my curveded neck manifold. I'll have to take pics for you guys and hopefully you guys can help me get threw all of this. I've ordered a short shifter, but it still hasn't came in yet. I plan to go ahead and get my tires put on my freshly powdercoated rims. I'm so excitedy everything is working out with this mx-3 now. I have'nt updated with pics because my wife lost our charger for the camera. My mom is on the way over right now to bring me her camera. I'll update more and with pics soon.
Diamond

Post by Diamond »

hi ive been reading this topic just now and im well addicted get those pics up so i can carry on reading lol :lol:
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Alright... Let me just explain before I put up pictures.
I'm a very impatient person. On this Manifold, It's a very poor job, and Ghetto'r then anything.
Take a peek guys. I'm getting it done and that's all that matters!

After I took these pictures, I've already taken off the manifold and boy is everything a mess. Wires and hoses are everywhere. I think I better wait on my little brother before I go any further. I'm so excited and I had to change my boxers twice just sitting there staring at everything. WOOHOO! :D :lol: :P

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”