Power window tracks worn?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
nightfire

Power window tracks worn?

Post by nightfire »

When I roll up my driver's side window, it seems to tilt backwards (front of window higher than back of window) and it gets stuck, and rolls up really slow.

Does anyone know what I need to do to fix that? Is it a loose bolt? Worn bushing?

I'd like to know if I need to order something before I tear the door apart.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
Mad Cow

Re: Power window tracks worn?

Post by Mad Cow »

I just greased the hell out of the inside of the track, it helped me. Could also be a loose bolt. Take the door panel off and tighten everything down.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Mad Cow wrote:I just greased the hell out of the inside of the track, it helped me. Could also be a loose bolt. Take the door panel off and tighten everything down.
I was thinking about that. I'll give it a shot tonight.

I'll use some heavy dark gear grease so it doesn't smear white everywhere. :)
- Gord
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

Be careful with how much grease you use. Last time I did it I used a bit too much on one side and I kept getting a small streak of grease on my passenger window when I rolled it back up.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Jutzi420 wrote:Be careful with how much grease you use. Last time I did it I used a bit too much on one side and I kept getting a small streak of grease on my passenger window when I rolled it back up.
Gotcha.
- Gord
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. You saved me tearing my door apart. :) Works perfectly!
- Gord
chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

where did you put the grease? what kind did you use? mine is doing the same thing.
It only takes a single voice to start a revolution
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

chrome730 wrote:where did you put the grease? what kind did you use? mine is doing the same thing.
I used light-duty lithium grease (green colored). I used a Q-tip to thoroughly grease the rear part of the felt/rubber seal (basically along the back of the window when it's closed). Then I took a shop towel and ran it up and down the seal to soak up any excess so it didn't dirty the window.
- Gord
chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

ok, thanks i wasnt sure if i had to remove the inside panel, but now i see how you did it.
It only takes a single voice to start a revolution

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”