Offical Kelowna 2009 10th Annual Meet Thread July 16-20

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Mr_Shorty

Offical Kelowna 2009 10th Annual Meet Thread July 16-20

Post by Mr_Shorty »

The dates have been carved in stone and the location, city at least, has been selected. We're not sure if we can get Bear Creek this year, as it's been the perverbial Unicorn to us thus far, but if no one else suggests anywhere else, it'll be there or Fintry. Sorry to Curt for having to put you back on the sun for another 5 days. We only had one person suggest Kelowna in our secret ballot vote, and that was for Kelowna. So... as soon as ppl can get it to me, I'll need number of ppl, tents, and vehicles as well as licence plate numbers for each booked campsite. Please tell me who will be staying with who as it'll make it easier for me. Remember, you can only have 2 tents and 2 cars registered per site. If you have more then 2 cars, there is parking available outside the main gate and we haven't had a problem in the last two years with parking out there...other then Darcy leaving his car there for 2 days due to lost keys!! lol. One more thing...I suggest a moritoriam on Darcy partying with any girls, as that is what causes most of his downfalls every year. j/k. Get back to me as soon as you can. We need to book no later then April 1st to try to get Bear Creek, and I'll be gone March 21st to Japan/Aussie. Thanks guys.

Tyler
Elected Dictator

1991 Eunos Presso AWD build starting winter '10
Ruby Mica

1992 Eunos Presso special build starting ???
Ruby Mica

1992 Familia GTR AWD donor car
Black
solo_ryder

Re: Offical Kelowna 2009 10th Annual Meet Thread July 16-20

Post by solo_ryder »

Im actually gonna make it this year!

*fingers crossed*
rece

Post by rece »

For those that had the opportunity to eat Jacki's cooking on the last trip, I will let you know that she has offered to do the cooking again this year. If you would like for her to cook, please chime in here and we will plan the dinners for the 16-20. The plan would be that she will make a daily plan and we would buy the food, and split the costs according to who all wants in. as for booze and junk food, bring your own to make it easier. If there are any special requests let us know and we will accomodate them the best we can.

Regarding who will be there from my party,

Me (Jesse), Jacki, Steve.

Steve will have a car or something, and Jacki and I will be bringing a trailer hopefully as she will be 6 months prego and Jeslyn will be comming.
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

I call dibs on the site with shade!!!!!!

Im flexable, just tell me where, when and how much and I'll be there.
I will defenetly be chipping in for food and for boat fuel (if needed) :) .

I will be bringing the beer keg chiller again...but this time we need good beer :D
Im thinking Moosehead as its a good allround beer that most people find drinkable, Im not a huge fan of beer but I will drink it (or Canadian) :)
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i'm so in, i'll chip in for food also, and drinks if needed, i'm not much of a drinker.
would i be able to follow someone on the way? (from calgary) i get lost very easily XD
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

saturday is going to be the meet day at the park. we figure we will have a beach day there and will meet anyone else that is just going to show up for the afternoon, followed by???? any ideas.
1993 White gs klze.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Road trip to Vernon :)
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Evo_Spec wrote: would I be able to follow someone on the way? (from calgary) i get lost very easily XD
We typically leave from Calgary in a convoy anyways, so you should not have any issues there. We still have to figure out our exact route and potential camping location on the way to the Okanagan Valley.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

sounds good, i'm totally stoked
koppit

Post by koppit »

Sounds good to me, count me and my GF in, if you don't mind a newcomer :)
Silver 1994 GS
Black 1993 RS

Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i don't think they mind newcomers, cause i'm one too! =P
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I am trying very hard to have my car done in time and plan my vacation around these dates. However, as I have never attended I don't know where to go for the meet day in the park and I won't be in the convoy. Someone should post up the details and locations of stuff. I will be in Vernon that weekend but I have no idea exactly where you all will be.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i'm sure this will be all sorted out as the time comes, it's still almost 6 months ahead!
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

sweet, my hounding of new people has been working. ive got a couple of new people in town coming as well as a couple of people off face book.

important thing is for booking the camp sites. everyone that is going to camp at fintry or where ever we end up has to put up for how many people per site, amount of days, licence plate numbers for the vehicles in the camp spots. im not too sure if tyler is going to pay for all the spots that are needed by you guys but you have to be sure because im pretty sure he does not want to get stiffed on no shows for prepaid campspots. this will probably be prepaid on his visa for 3 months ahead of time. he had no problems at all last year so....
1993 White gs klze.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

wytbishop wrote:I am trying very hard to have my car done in time and plan my vacation around these dates. However, as I have never attended I don't know where to go for the meet day in the park and I won't be in the convoy. Someone should post up the details and locations of stuff. I will be in Vernon that weekend but I have no idea exactly where you all will be.
We can meet up man, I live in Vernon..

As for Fintry, is this the first time you guys are going there? Forgive me if that is stupid, but I haven't gone the camping route the 2 years that I went..

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”