need help getting it running... spark, fuel, juice?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
angrygumball316

need help getting it running... spark, fuel, juice?

Post by angrygumball316 »

ive got a 94 klze 5 spd that wont start and before it wouldnt start it just died, it spit and sputtered, so i figure maybe its the distributor. i need a 94 k8 distributor. another problem is , yesterday i went with a brand new battery and all i got was click....no power, click ,....no power so maybe theres a bad ground? also i cant seem to find the fuel pump relay or fuse because the fuel pump does not come on unless i hook it right up to the battery(which i did) any help would be appreciated thanks
johnmx3ze

Re: need help getting it running... spark, fuel, juice?

Post by johnmx3ze »

angrygumball316 wrote:ive got a 94 klze 5 spd that wont start and before it wouldnt start it just died, it spit and sputtered, so i figure maybe its the distributor. i need a 94 k8 distributor. another problem is , yesterday i went with a brand new battery and all i got was click....no power, click ,....no power so maybe theres a bad ground? also i cant seem to find the fuel pump relay or fuse because the fuel pump does not come on unless i hook it right up to the battery(which i did) any help would be appreciated thanks
your fuel pump relay and fuse is under the hood on the drivers side...
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Hmm, fuel pump and disty = crank sensor. I'd check that. Check the power wire at your starter. I peeld back a little insulation and found mine was corroded all to hell. (DISCONNECT THE BATTERY FIRST). :) I cleaned it up and car starts fine now.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
angrygumball316

Post by angrygumball316 »

as for the relay and fuse, it says no where on the caps for the relays and fuses about fuel pump. and does any one have a crank sensor? how much of a pain is it to put on ? and could that have been my sputtering problem when it was running?
nlsolja123

Post by nlsolja123 »

so the crank sensor turns on the fuel as well as spark?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”