Elliottferrell's 93 GS SE

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
elliottferrell

Re: Elliottferrell's 93 GS SE

Post by elliottferrell »

so about a year ago i promised some pictures of the interior and i thought i'd show off how i put the 6x9's in my car.... i drive about 40 miles to school everyday and needed a way to stay entertained... between my ipod and endless collection of cds im happy... The 6x9's were an awesome addition to the car i cut the holes with the roto-zip and had to bend 1 metal brace down so magnets wouldn't get stuck.....

I ordered the parts for the hei mod with external coil.. hope to be in before the end of the week... one question i had was about the powertap deal taht goes into the cap....... what's the trick.. and would anybody wanna share their secrets.... iv'e seen some online photo's but is it really that easy?
93 Special Edition MX-3, 17-inch enkel rims, Infinity 6x9's custom in back armrests, cold-air, and of course some killer paint chips...
91 Mitsu 3000GT VR-4, Borla exhaust, Kenwood 7inch, Eagle F-1 rubbers.. Sunday Driving only....
85 Jeep CJ7, stroked 258... 3 inch life with 33's... all the goodies to get muddy.... and i get to ride "topless"
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I was thinking of doing that same thing with the speakers in the side panel, I thought the back would hit the body though. How tight is the fit?

For the power tower, it's pretty easy. I drilled a hole just a tiny bit wider than the screw, then recessed the inside so the screw would sit flush. I had to cut off those 4 plastic things on the bottom and had to trim the small end a a bit because the screw was too short. The way I did it, the screw ended up cutting threads into the metal part of the cap, but I put it in too tight and it ruined the threads I just cut, so be careful with that.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
elliottferrell

Post by elliottferrell »

i think after i bent or cut that body panel there was about 1 to 2 inches all the way around the magnet.. those 6x9's really sing in your ear though.. especially with the way there are positioned compared to where your ears are at in the seats.
I put 6 inch infinity Kapa's in the doors too... i had to shim them out with nuts so that the window would go all the way down.. i've yet to cut the old cover panels to finish the job...

Also i rewired all the speaker wire throughout the whole car.. pulling that 16 gauge wire through those white plastic door pieces was a pain.. but i can definitely tell a difference when you get the stereo jamming...
93 Special Edition MX-3, 17-inch enkel rims, Infinity 6x9's custom in back armrests, cold-air, and of course some killer paint chips...
91 Mitsu 3000GT VR-4, Borla exhaust, Kenwood 7inch, Eagle F-1 rubbers.. Sunday Driving only....
85 Jeep CJ7, stroked 258... 3 inch life with 33's... all the goodies to get muddy.... and i get to ride "topless"

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”