I NEED HELP!!!!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
klmx08

I NEED HELP!!!!

Post by klmx08 »

i have a 92 gs with a 95 probe gt motor i want to turbo charge it this spring im not looking for crazy boost i just want about 5,6 pound can anyone give me a complete parts list to do this it would be much appreciated
mx3boyze

Re: I NEED HELP!!!!

Post by mx3boyze »

No, If you dont know what you need then you shouldnt be Turboing your car.
klmx08

Post by klmx08 »

the only real question i have is do u have to use stand alone engine management (megasquirt) that is the only part i am not sure of if i can use millenia s injectors and a fmu that would be fine i dont want to mess with my computer but i would think that at idle it would run way to rich thats all
mx3boyze

Post by mx3boyze »

Yes you can run an fmu with Millenia S injectors on the Stock ECU, But from experience I would say just get Megasquirt and dont be cheap if you really want to be serious about boosting your car.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

you can drive dirty like some of us at first for a bit.

Se7en wasnt even running with a wastegate LOL

Get to us if you need help

or add me on messenger

hgallegos915@msn.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Im currently at 5 psi with stock injectors, 12:1 fmu and cosmo afpr.

YOU NEED A BACK UP CAR, unless you do everything right ... even still make sure this is not your primary method of transportation.

and and gas mileage... you can get better mileage in a suburvan by the way.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
klmx08

Post by klmx08 »

its not that i want to be cheap but stand alone seems like a little over kill for 5 lbs of boost. is the gas milage really that bad im getting about 30 mpg now and i love it just how bad is it? if it is like 20 i think i could sacrifice!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Don't listen to hgallegos915, he just has a lot of bad luck. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

lol I do have bad luck tho... LOL

for 5 psi u dont need msns
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
klmx08

Post by klmx08 »

i have heard that the stock kl injectors max out at 4 psi how did you get 5 psi on them?
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

psi is a relative term, its a hell of a lot different from a vj 14 and a garrett gt40r33
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

klmx08 wrote:i have heard that the stock kl injectors max out at 4 psi how did you get 5 psi on them?

Where did you hear this? lol I have a read good working aem wideband, and my afs are good.. with the fmu.

My injectors havent maxed out.

I think its k8 injectors that mess up?

If you heard it on probetalk, chances are its not true. Unless shadowme told you so then yeah
-hec

johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

im running with a FMU right now and i regret it i wanna get MS but its so expensive lol... i have a 12:1 fmu and stock injectors...
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
klmx08

Post by klmx08 »

maybe it was the k8 injectors i had looked into turboing my k8 before i swapped it. i think i will just try a fmu on stock injectors and see how it works my mazda is no the only car i have to drive. let me just make my self clear im not trying to cheap out i want it to run good and if you guys have done it and it has worked i will give it a try . thanks for everyones help i really apperciate it.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Use klze / klde injectors tho.

get a WIDEBAND. Dont skip that.

And upgrade the fuel pump. I got a 255.
-hec

klmx08

Post by klmx08 »

yeah i realized after i wrote it that i missed the wideband and i didnt know about the fuel pump thanks for telling me just out of curiousity how much did you spend on our set up i got about 2500 right now do you think that is enough? also isnt it true that the size of the turbo has to do with your powerband bigger turbo top end smaller turbo bottom end i want more bottom end my car feels strong at the top weak at the bottom if supercharger systems werent so expensive i would do that? so for bottom end power would a t3 from a sabb get me that?

Return to “Forced Induction”